RS Warrior Forum banner

Turning to the dark side

27K views 164 replies 31 participants last post by  arizonawarrior 
#1 ·
After some research I have decided to run a c/t on the rear of my 2002 RSW. Got a BFG g-force sport comp-2 size 225/45/17. From what iv'e read this will fit fine, but holy **** does this look big. Any one know if this will fit on the stock rim? Thanks in advance.

#23 ·
Not trying to be difficult, but what are the benefits other than the look and longevity.

#26 · (Edited)
I recently mounted my second gforce exactly same tire. Street drags only I swap back to Avon m/c tire before riding. Have a spare rear rim thanks to a fellow member here. I am not a darkside fan. For straight line racing its very repeatable in performance plus makes lots of smoke. But it does not measure up in twisties or mountain roads the Avon is a hundred times more stable when it counts imo.

#32 ·
Yep as I mentioned its exactly the tire I have on my spare rear rim.

Just in general IMO the Avon feels much more stable and predictable in the mountains although the gforce seems safe for normal riding as long as don't need to emergency swerve to avoid some obstacle then get back on track in the lane. No surprise that race proven MC tire design is more capable. I like having that advantage in case I need it. But in a straight line the CT is fun as heck. That said there are plenty of successful darksiders here including you and you know I respect your point of view and experience.

#31 ·
Good point.

I realize not all CT's will fit the bike including some 225 tires. I would only be guessing that many 235 and 245 tires would not fit the bike even if they can be compressed onto the stock rim width. Its cool to see a couple proven examples.

#33 ·
Oh yeah, the worst mc tire is gunna blow away the best ct in performance regardless, I just like to be different and it get's alot of attention.....not always good, but I love attention in any form. The first ct I tried was square and ridiculous to ride but I rode it to the cords then I found the G-force, with it's rounded edges it felt more like a bike tire compared to the block i was riding before.... but it's still no mc tire. over the past 3 years I've adapted to the ct and now it's natural for me to ride, I lean it through the canyons but it's totally a different technique, counter steering is how it's done, I could only imagine me getting on an mc tire now, I would be rocking!

#34 · (Edited)
so i am going to try a deinte d7 225/45/17
i can get the tire for 42.33 including shipping though my work.

speed rating is w for 168mph
load rating is 94 for 1477 lbs. stock is
XL extra load for stronger side wall.
tread rating is 420 45000
traction rating a above .47
temp rating a 115
rim 7.5 inch

it is 75 to mount and bal. at bikers bay

#35 · (Edited)
it is 75 to mount and bal. at bikers bay
Any of you guys running the CT have trouble getting it mounted, as in resistance from the shop to put it on there? I am going phat this winter, not CT, but the concept interests me, especially having two rims and switching back and forth as I like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.