Tires - Page 2 - Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Avon tires have always been a go to on the Warrior. The current gen is the Avon Spirit ST which come in exact OEM size. I got a great deal on mine a few months ago from DennisKirk.

These replaced my Avon Storm II Ultras which were great tires but due for replacement after 7 years.
Kentstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Metzeler guy right here. Never had any traction issues and it may be silly to some but I prefer the tread pattern to most other tires. I've never run anything but metz on my warrior in almost 10years of ownership so can't give a honest comparison to other brands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You can be anything you want on the internet, Strange so many people choose to be stupid. -Mark Twain-
madtom421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've had Metz tires in the past and they were fine and the tread pattern is cool. I also like Avons tread since it's the same tire you'd put on a sports bike. In the end go with Metz, Avon, Bridgestone or Pirelli and choose the one you like the looks and price of. Or get a cheap a$$ Shinko if you want to trust one of those with your life.
Kentstater is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2019, 07:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

016x2 Verge Shinko is much better than you think about it. In my personal practice this Shinko better than 880
freeezzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

I canít trust Dunlopís the compound is to stiff so you donít get a lot of feed back from the tire
I have gone over to Pirelli night Dragons which are good wet and dry need a little warming up but I still have not ridden a better tire than Michelinís always grippy even when cold
But now in the uk essex they have chucked that horrible road salt everywhere and itís like riding diesel spinning up the rear all the time and corners are very careful matter
Still Iím out n about in it and thatís what matters keep riding as it makes you appreciate summer more
Nightrider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums > Warrior Forums > Suspension and Tire Tech