Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - Conversation Between arizonawarrior and cagobelo1

Conversation Between arizonawarrior and cagobelo1
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. arizonawarrior
    07-31-2019 05:46 AM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Yep I posted in your topic thread.
  2. arizonawarrior
    07-21-2019 05:33 PM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Ref your message, the Bosch 3323 is correct. Some have discovered inside the box was a different filter, some found 3233. So you might check the box against the filter as a first step.

I have now spent a couple hours researching this and have commented in your thread. It seems some of the informed members have observed the newer iteration of this filter has a flat modified plate that bottoms out on the thread before the seal is compressed. I'm hunting that dog now.

Let me know if you learn anything new on this.
  3. cagobelo1
    07-21-2019 03:54 PM - permalink
    cagobelo1
    Hello,
    I was hoping that you can give your advise on the leak from the oil filter.
    I did oil change and used Bosch #3323 filter. After a few days I found a leak between the oil filter and housing. I installed a new filter but very next day, there was a oil puddle under the bike.
    Should I go back to original Yamaha filter? I didn’t see any residue on the wall where filter sits. Do I need to replace the oil filter housing? Thank you!