Road Star Warrior Forum : Yamaha Star Warrior Forums - Conversation Between arizonawarrior and jimduncan

Conversation Between arizonawarrior and jimduncan
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. arizonawarrior
    08-10-2019 12:04 AM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Great news on both fronts Jim. Very happy you are healthy and bringing your beast-bike back up. It's going to be a memorable first-time for certain!
  2. jimduncan
    08-07-2019 05:00 PM - permalink
    jimduncan
    By the way thank you for the huge compliment on the bike, I have worked hard trying to make it somewhat unique, I did take some ques form other members like Gilly, I am very close to trying to start it for the first time in over four years. I need a warrior fix,if you know what I mean, And as far as health, I am doing good .
  3. arizonawarrior
    08-04-2019 09:21 PM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Jim the Shorai is unique, try putting it on discharge-recharge. Their website for instructions. Probably on store and it goes into recovery if needed. Anyway. Requires their multi-channel charger. It is really hard to kill a lithium battery having multi-channel maintenance charging. As far as I know Shorai is the only one. Competitors do not acknowledge this.

If you have the Shorai charger it's likely you can recover.

Glad you seem healthy. Still dig your bike it is inspired work. Wish I could mimic for Warrior v2.
  4. jimduncan
    08-04-2019 03:15 PM - permalink
    jimduncan
    Not much Mike, Still puttering on the bike, Now I have to contact Shoria about my battery as it's dead!
  5. arizonawarrior
    08-04-2019 11:52 AM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Hey Jim wassuup! I've been staying busy with work travel and family things. Glad you are here today brother.
  6. arizonawarrior
    09-11-2018 05:34 PM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    **** that could have been it. Curtains. This just doesn't seem or feel right. Do you have someone advocating for you? Someone there when you are too tired or ill to think on your feet?
  7. jimduncan
    09-11-2018 02:32 PM - permalink
    jimduncan
    Hi Mike, well 11 days ago I went to the ER because I had a bad cough, they did a cat scan and said that I had blood clots in my lungs and saw a spot on my adrenal gland, so they were going to ship me down to one of their bigger hospitals, Well after 11 day in, blood thinners, IV antibiotics and now steroids I am now out and home on oxygen, but am getting better. They now think it was all caused by the radiation, and I have to follow up with Oncology.
  8. arizonawarrior
    09-02-2018 12:06 AM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Jim hope all is better and better with time. How are you getting along brother?
  9. arizonawarrior
    06-15-2012 06:23 PM - permalink
    arizonawarrior
    Hi Jim, for the '03 Onyx w/Indigo Flames (factory codes #5PX7 #5PX8) the tins are painted with Yamaha Black paint color number 0033 and Colorrite.com 5135. Yamaha failed to document the Indigo. I think it might be a decal under there. But if its paint then I think its likely the '02 Indigo color: Dark Violet Metallic A (DVMA) paint color number 0778 and Colorrite.com 5996 over a base coat of 1996. This info comes from the 02 and 03 Yamaha Technical Bulletins covering paint colors, parts manuals and the Yamaha/Star parts website, and colorrite. None of those places speak to the Indigo color. Again, it could be a decal under there.

I've been after this for awhile and you are the first person to ask in years. Sorry I don't have the perfect answer.

[Added} See also: https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-t...odel-year.html
  10. jimduncan
    06-15-2012 05:43 PM - permalink
    jimduncan
    Hi, I think we spoke before on one of my posts, any way you seem to know alot about the bike, and i wa wandering if you could tell me how i might come up with my color on my flames, they are the purple or ondigo, I have an 03, it is black with flames, do you have any idea?
    thanks Jim