RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having troubles finding a video thats my actual ride. the videos i find on vstar and others arent enough like mine engine design wise that im comfortable. this is my first clutch replacement experiance and id like a good vid or even just a brake down blueprint or something . my plates came not in order so also theres that fear . can any one help me please im doing it regardless this week but would like a foot up so to say..thanks in advance .
2002 roadstar warrior xv1700

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts

this could be helpful

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
except it seems to focus on mod clutch im going factory. its increased my confidence maybe 40% but at least its actually my engine lol

·
Administrator
28,599 Posts
These bikes are powerful and in the early days we found they overcame the stock clutch set-up. Many went to the Barnet SR-2 clutch spring, many went to the 2 or the 3 plate clutch mod, and a few did both. Highly recommended because you could spend money to leave it stock and discover too soon its needing it again. My original clutch wore out in the first or second year and I bought it new in January 2003. A Toys-for-Tots parade in I think 2004 did it in. I installed Barnett carbon plates and SR-2 but the carbon plates were not playing well. I went back to Yamaha fibers and reinstalled the SR-2 and its perfect.

Hope its helpful.

BTW browse to any Yamaha MC dealer website for illustrations of all parts pretty much. Plus the free e-copy of the service manual helps. Get the copy that has the two supplements that correct and update the original 2002 manual, and covers some model year changes.

Check here for a thread named Model Year Differences. But the clutch is the same for all model years. Meaning the 2 plate and 3 plate mods, and the SR-2, fit all model years too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great thats the vid i needed i already bought my clutch but i will remember about the upgrade .shes on 37000 miles orig clutch me and first owner way hard on her trailer pulling and heavy gear ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys ...way better than the ninja forum haha 90% of my issue was confidence but i know im a good mechanic i just got the kit and all those plates spooked me ,,, im gonna go with the oem for now and if she gives me issues too soon ill slap a 3 plate spring mod ,...thanks again guys

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update thank you again that video was perfection ..excluding soaking the fiber plates i did it in an hour and have already verified the test.dont know why i doubt myself married to long i guess.lol i may just order the upgraded mod anyway and install it this winter
yall are amazing thankd for the responses and infos. restored my faith in people .keep it up you guys...
again thank you
sincerely, Mario Victor

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I can honestly say that this forum is truly THE BEST. My brother has a Vrod and that forum is truly pitiful and the other Harley guys look down on the Vrod.

·
Registered
97 Posts
With that video from bryan it wasnt to bad worde part definitely taking off gasket few dozen rewinds n replays u have it licked i did it with zero motorcycle experience n i love the benefits that the 2 mods gave my 2 cent go for it 😀 u wont be disappointed

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't even think there is anything wrong with my clutch and you guys are making me want to do this lol.

Might just pull the cover and see what I have under there. Maybe it's done already.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts