RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new car monday so I need to move this. After much thought it's time for my bike to move on to a new home. I've rode it on 4 occasions since my dad was killed on his alittle over a year ago. I know this isn't the best time to be selling a bike, but a least it will be posted even if it takes till next spring to sell it. I was hoping time was going to heal me and riding would be my number one thing again, but I have a baby on the way and I just don't see my time to be clearing up anytime soon. This bike has taken me many places I would have never went if it wasn't for this bike & you guys on the site. I figure I don't need the bike to say friends with you guys. There are better things I could do with the money then let it sit in the garage under a cover. I'm open to reasonable offers on the bike below is listed the things that have been done to the bike and what goes with it. Over time if it doesn't sell right away I might be parting it out some of the partsto get alittle money back. The engine mods were done by Mark Underwood. He was one of the Prostar Warrior Riders for Patrick Racing/ Yamaha. The Dyno turn was done by the other Patrick Racing / Yamaha rider Rick McWaters. Both of them won championships in the Series. Asking $6900 obo for it. The pics towards the last post are the current pics. No more wide tire kit Quite a few items have been sold off of it, since the top pics where taken. I'll try to get new pics this weekend.2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700cc, 102 Cubic Inches, Dynoed at 97 Hp 110 Tq,
*Items I've added*
Performance
Vance & Hines Pro Pipe
Yamaha Speedstar Pistons
AIS Block off
Spiegler Black Brake Lines for Front Brakes 8" over stock
Dyno Jet Power Commander III
Yamaha Speedstar ECU
Yamaha Speedstar Cams
Yamaha Speedstar Springs
Patrick Racing Air Kit
Twisted Image Ported Heads
Custom map from Cycle Tech

Tires
Dunlop Elite 3 130/70/18 Front Tire

Accessories
JC Whitney Chrome nut covers
Yamaha rear Fender eliminator
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Highway Hawk Extreme Handlebar
Signal Dynamics Back Off Brake Light Modulator
CRG Hindsight Mirrors Lane Spilters w/bar end adaptors
Snakeyezz Turnsignal/tailight Combo

*Items Painted Black*
Stock Exhaust
Stock Foot Controls
Stock Belt guard
Stock Turn signals
Stock Pulley cover
Stock Fork Protectors
Stock Front Rim
Stock Rear Rim
Stock Tach Housing
Stock Headlight Housing
Stock Handlebars
Stock Mirrors
Stock Hand Controls & Levers
Stock Tach Housing
Highway Hawk Extreme Handlebars
Chrome nut covers
Kuryakyn ISO Grips

*Items Powder coated*
Stock Cam Cover Filled in "Yamaha"
Stock Clutch Cover Insert Filled in "Yamaha"
Stock Clutch Cover
Stock Pushrod Tubes
Stock Head Covers
Stock Clutch Adjuster

I bought the bike new, 17,000 miles on the bike, It is a very quick bike over a stock Warrior, Only reason I'm putting it up for sale is life has taken me in a new direction and I'm just not riding it anymore, I have all the receipts for the parts I’ve bought and service records for work done, Can email more pics. The pics below show the wide tire kit, but that has been sold. Rear end is back to stock.

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Re: 02 Speedstar Kit, 240 Tire, Tricky Air Warrior For Sale Must Sell!

That is a very nice you ride you have. Two thunbs up!!!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yep I'm open to parting things out as long as I have something to replace it.
fastby250cc said:
You want to part off any of the add ons?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

B e sad to cya go "LAYNE"
BUMP 4 ya

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

I am going to go cry,I will be allright but right now ,I'm going to go cry!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

garnerwarrior said:
I am going to go cry,I will be allright but right now ,I'm going to go cry!
Funny I got these repiles while I was washing the bike. Thought about taking a ride after I got this but I took the insurance off it for the year.
I'll give you a ride in my new car dwight!! u

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

Yes ,a ride in a new car that should help ease the pain
Will I be allowed to MOON people? That will make it much better!

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

crusteel45 said:
well...if im not 2 wheels by BB6, at least i'll have someone to stay back with while the crazies gor for thier ride...lol

Well how the market is right now and looks to be in the future, I might still have the bike by then.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts

Sorry it isn't the same for you anymore, Bo, although I completely understand.

Hey, maybe you can have Varmit fab you up a side car for two, then you can take the whole family out. He can give you a real professional paint job too. With fist sized sparkles. lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts

Good luck with the sale Bo.

I'm on the fence as well, mostly because of money issues. I still ride mine almost daily however.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sangathor said:
Hey, maybe you can have Varmit fab you up a side car for two, then you can take the whole family out. He can give you a real professional paint job too. With fist sized sparkles. lol.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Thanks Steve I needed that. I've been crawling around on my back in a dirty crawl space trying to get some of this remodeling done.

I never have told you guys the story on what put the nail in the coffin for me. I was coming home it was a nice day, it was a year to the date that my dad was killed. I wanted to get out and take a ride in his honor. Anyways we come up on a accident. Just happened like 30 seconds before. Some kid pulled out in front of a motorcycle. Killed the passenger, she broke her neck on impact. Watching her lay there in the middle of the road on a hot sunny day with burning asphalt, did me in. My arm started shaking so bad that 8 hours later it hurt to move it. It was just to real for me. Turned out to be a kid I was friends with in High School, it was is fiancé that was killed. It's jut not worth it to me anymore. I just turned 30 I had my fun. I have a kid on the way, yes I could fall down the stairs tomorrow and break my neck, but I'm willing to take my chances and move on to another hobby. Maybe some day I'll be back on two wheels, just right now it's not my thing.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

JPWARRIOR said:
Good luck with the sale Bo.

I'm on the fence as well, mostly because of money issues. I still ride mine almost daily however.

Shawn enjoy that weather for me and ride one day for me!!

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts

Bo....I am sure all of us can understand your decision, and good on ya for it. With kids coming, you are going to have so much fun that the bike will seem a distant memory. You will miss it sometimes, but then you will see your dad in your kids eyes and all will be right. (****...that almost made my eyes tear)

Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger. I got used to seeing your name on here and don't want to see it go away. I stopped riding while raising my kids (they are now 19 and 25). My son rides now and if he is not home when he says he will be, I am forever looking up the street wondering. i just had a grandbaby and sometimes think i am not supposed to ride so I can watch her grow up, but this is my kids time. My wife rides with me on the FJR I have, so we think it is a reasonable trade-off.

I just hope my son stays smart and rides like he should. He is a responsible kid and while that does not eliminate the danger, it does take some of it out.

He has the same feeling about riding that I do, riding is freedom, riding is good, but again, i think you made the right choice and I am very sorry you had to see that girl that way.

Take care of yourself!

·
Registered
549 Posts

lagalaxy8 said:
Sangathor said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Thanks Steve I needed that. I've been crawling around on my back in a dirty crawl space trying to get some of this remodeling done.

I never have told you guys the story on what put the nail in the coffin for me. I was coming home it was a nice day, it was a year to the date that my dad was killed. I wanted to get out and take a ride in his honor. Anyways we come up on a accident. Just happened like 30 seconds before. Some kid pulled out in front of a motorcycle. Killed the passenger, she broke her neck on impact. Watching her lay there in the middle of the road on a hot sunny day with burning asphalt, did me in. My arm started shaking so bad that 8 hours later it hurt to move it. It was just to real for me. Turned out to be a kid I was friends with in High School, it was is fiancé that was killed. It's jut not worth it to me anymore. I just turned 30 I had my fun. I have a kid on the way, yes I could fall down the stairs tomorrow and break my neck, but I'm willing to take my chances and move on to another hobby. Maybe some day I'll be back on two wheels, just right now it's not my thing.

BO

I am saddned by your decision but I totaly undersand why. Please don't Give up completely The schwin will never let you down. It might flip you over on your back.

I am with Dwight I think I could cry. Best of luck selling the beast I wish I could afford 2 of them I would park it here an wait until you have a change of heart.

Having a child is a great thing I believe you will be a great dad and Father. Best of luck.

I think your next adventure should be buy a junk minivan and PIMP that ride. No one owns a 10 second MiniVan.

think of this the KING in a pimped VAN Not even a Warrior would be that cool. IF you do BB6 I will bring you a BIKE To ride you will not sit at the house.

Best wishes

Anna Jim and the Kids

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Man, where were you last October????????? Even though I already have a great bike, there maybe someone lurking and stumble across this fine sled. How much $$$$? I may be blind but I don't see a price. Best of luck to you on the sale.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Marine Warrior said:
I think your next adventure should be buy a junk minivan and PIMP that ride. No one owns a 10 second MiniVan.

Best wishes

Anna Jim and the Kids

We went car shopping a few days ago. There will be no minivans in this family, but the new Ford Flex is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

07midnite said:
Man, where were you last October????????? Even though I already have a great bike, there maybe someone lurking and stumble across this fine sled. How much $$$$? I may be blind but I don't see a price. Best of luck to you on the sale.

I should have sold it last October. I've been on it 4 times since. I didn't put a price because I've been taking things off an selling seprate. I'm open to reasonable offers on it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts