RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in reading the forum I seem to have found out that the warranty involves a full engine break down and rebuild. Everyone seems to have the same thought on this, buy new internals and have the dealer install them at no additional cost. So what I'm thinking is high compression pistons, cam swap, and the road star 5th gear. Is there anyone on here that's done this utilizing the warranty claim? Is there anything I need to know before attempting this? And also the only pistons I can find are the ones on Patrick Racing, are there anymore? Thanks for all your help and yes the search button works I'm just asking specifics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any reason the Barnett clutch would be better than the oem on an all motor setup aside from just a safety upgrade?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The clutch would have a hard time putting the extra power to the wheels. It may be fine for a bit then your clutch will slip in time. Even if you didn't do the motor upgrades, the clutch conversion is still a good idea. Good luck with the warranty work!

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
So in reading the forum I seem to have found out that the warranty involves a full engine break down and rebuild. Everyone seems to have the same thought on this, buy new internals and have the dealer install them at no additional cost. So what I'm thinking is high compression pistons, cam swap, and the road star 5th gear. Is there anyone on here that's done this utilizing the warranty claim? Is there anything I need to know before attempting this? And also the only pistons I can find are the ones on Patrick Racing, are there anymore? Thanks for all your help and yes the search button works I'm just asking specifics
I did the Roady 5th gear with my recall about 10 years ago. It's as close as you can come to adding a sixth gear on this bike. Best mod I've ever done and the only time it is financially feasible is during the recall. Many others did Hi-comp pistons and some also did speedstar components with their recall. I would have got more done but I was cash poor at the time. Unfortunately a lot of the peoople who had their bikes worked on for the tranny recall are no longer on the forum anymore. Many of the recalled bikes are now onto their second and third owners by now. Do as much as you can, it will never be cheaper.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Any reason the Barnett clutch would be better than the oem on an all motor setup aside from just a safety upgrade?
The OEM clutch is a diaphragm spring setup and the Barnet Kit has three different spring strengths that can be used. I recommend the green springs. If I remember correctly, You can replace some of the half plates with full plates. My last Warrior would hook up and I'll be on one wheel with zero clutch slippage. I had the green springs installed. They do take a little more effort to pull the clutch in.

Here is a good link on the Barnett upgrade http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/175542-barnett-sr-2-clutch-question.html

Also, do the CPS recall.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
a rare opportunity. good for you. you can always do the clutch later, but the other stuff is a must as long as the labor is free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings. My 2002 is now awaiting parts for the tranny recall. I'm new to the warrior and the forum. What mods would be suggested done now? The bike is stock for now . How can I improve the beast within?

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts