·
Registered
2003 RS Warrior + 6 other bikes
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Plant

Couple update photos and mod updates to the Warrior since my Welcome Mat post:

• Changed from the Samson 2-2 exhaust to a PCS Roadster 2-1 with vortex race baffle.
  • Patrick Racing VBAK.
  • AIS removal with PCS AIS block off plates.
  • FPR relocation to clean up left side (props to the write ups on here and RS Warrior Bryan's youtube vids).
  • Cobra PowerPro FI Black autotuner.
  • PCS "potato chip'd" seat.
  • PCS rear lower links and progressive shock.

Still running the Custom ZombiePerformance 26° forward bend T-bars, Cole Foster marble grips, Daymaker headlight, Blaster-X integrated LED taillight and 5" forward controls (no integrity issues with them so far after the first appx year).

Parts still pending:
  • Recieved my black Racetronix -8AN dry break yesterday, waiting on my black/purple -8AN braided PTFE hose from Hot Rod Fuel Hoses and "Tial purple" -8AN female fittings from Color Fittings which should come this week. Going to do the left side dry break swap once I recieve those to finish the left side clean up. (Once again, thanks to the write ups on here and RS Warrior Bryan's youtube vids).
  • Still have the extra rim I picked up (thanks to the forum Marketplace), haven't sprung the almost 3K yet to do the 250 rear though.
  • Considering custom paint right now, the silver isn't my favorite so I've started looking for painters here in the San Diego area and may get the color changed.

Currently working on a turbocharged Honda Rebel 250 hardtail bobber project for fun using a VZ21 RHB31 mini-turbo. If that project goes well, may consider doing a turbo project down the road on the Warrior. Have had to do a lot of turbo research for this project and seen some write ups and info for custom turbo builds on here as well, so may give it a shot down the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can i get a link to where you got the relocation kit for the foot controls?
The 5" extensions are from Extension Depot LLC on Amazon or eBay, which is why I was more worried with potential integrity issues, but so far so good.

Baron makes a 1 3/4" extension kit, which I picked up and installed first, no issues with the quality or install, just wasn't far enough forward for my preferred style/comfort.

Pacific Coast Star also makes a 3" as well. Have not personally purchased or tested that one yet as I jumped straight from the 1 3/4" Baron's to the 5". But I have used PCS for a whole bunch of other parts and have never had an issue with thier quality/integrity.

Hope that helps out!

It's lookin' good, keep up the good work. 👍. Frec 🇬🇧
Thanks!

Nice ! Keep posting pics, please ...... (y)

If you want to keep the handle bar and grips, you may consider a more used/distressed (old style) look ? Good luck with next steps 🤘
Not a bad idea. The bars are semi-gloss black right now and the grips are white/gray. So if I end up custom painting the bike I'll definitely change the grip color and a bar color/style change may be in order as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior XV1700
13 Posts
The 5" extensions are from Extension Depot LLC on Amazon or eBay, which is why I was more worried with potential integrity issues, but so far so good.

Baron makes a 1 3/4" extension kit, which I picked up and installed first, no issues with the quality or install, just wasn't far enough forward for my preferred style/comfort.

Pacific Coast Star also makes a 3" as well. Have not personally purchased or tested that one yet as I jumped straight from the 1 3/4" Baron's to the 5". But I have used PCS for a whole bunch of other parts and have never had an issue with thier quality/integrity.

Hope that helps out!

Thanks!

Not a bad idea. The bars are semi-gloss black right now and the grips are white/gray. So if I end up custom painting the bike I'll definitely change the grip color and a bar color/style change may be in order as well. Thanks!
Awesome thank you!
Im 6ft5 and am still trying to figure out if i wanna move my pegs forward or not yet. Its not super uncomfortable, but havent done a long ride yet lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be conscious that those pipes would benefit from a bracket to help support the weight.
Cause right now they are just hanging off the jugs correct?
You are correct, there is no exhaust hanger for the rear of the exhaust. Overall, the exhaust is incredibly light, maybe 5-6lbs it felt like as a whole, much lighter than the 2-2 Samsons I took off. However, you are not wrong and it is something to consider to take stress weight off of the exhaust head studs. I'll definitely take a look into it and see about supporting the rear of the exhaust with some sort of bracket/hanger. Thanks!

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,620 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice.

Is this the dry break you installed:
I used their -8AN black aluminum, the one you linked is the -8AN black/silver titanium. Only real reason I went with the all aluminum was that it was all black and I didn't want the silver color of the titanium personally.

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,077 Posts
View attachment 256932 View attachment 256933

Dry break swap done. Used Racetronix -8AN black drybreak, Color Fittings -8AN "Tial" purple straight females and Hot Rod Fuel Hose -8AN black and purple nylon/steel braided PTFE hose.
Just curious, are you leaving your motor mount off? Cleaning it up? Replacing it? First thing I noticed when I saw your pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just curious, are you leaving your motor mount off? Cleaning it up? Replacing it? First thing I noticed when I saw your pics.
I uploaded those picks right after I got done with the dry break. I ended up doing a quick shave of the motor mount, hitting it with some semi-gloss black and re-installing. I'll probably end up shaving a little more off and shaping it a little better over the weekend.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Land vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
3,077 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts