RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Hello all,
My 03 Warrior was stolen in Austin this week. Rough video shows hot wired.
Please keep a lookout for it...and bike thieves!!!!! :(
Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully your bike gets found.with no damage.and they catch the a-holes who stole it. I had a bike stolen before and know the feeling.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great News!!!!! The bike was recovered....but...it's been run hard and put up wet. the ignition is stripped and much of the wiring under the seat has been rewired, not sure why? I'm hoping there might be some pictures of the wiring on someone's post that you could refer me to help start rebuilding this girl and to hopefully get her safely on the road again sometime soon. Thanks in advance for any and all help! Cheers!!!!! John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great News!!!!! The bike was recovered....but...it's been run hard and put up wet. the ignition is stripped and much of the wiring under the seat has been rewired, not sure why? I'm hoping there might be some pictures of the wiring on someone's post that you could refer me to help start rebuilding this girl and to hopefully get her safely on the road again sometime soon. Thanks in advance for any and all help! Cheers!!!!! John
I do have the wiring diagram pdf that has been posted here. But a few pics of what it should look like would also help my visual brain. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, so I have some work to do.... It could have been much worse and I'm soooo very grateful she's back with me. But I'm not the most advanced mechanic...I'd upgraded the clutch and pulled rims to replace tires, among other air filters, spark plugs, general maintenance thing. My point, I'd like to continue keeping my bike running under my maintenance if possible as I enjoy it as many of you do. That's part of owning the bike imho. That said, I need to ask for some help from those other much more experienced enthusiasts as I have some questions. Mainly, I have some regarding the wiring/hotwiring issues in the headlight/ignition pic and the under the seat as there are maybe a dozen. I get the hot and ground power/ which has been cut short, but I'm not sure what power commander it had, and I think that's the small bundle of wires, but I could be wrong. There are a few other stray wires I'm not sure what they are as you can see splices and bare wires in the main wiring pics. Also, should I just get new air intakes and not worry about the old look? and are there fuel/injector lines missing in the pics, I'm not that familiar with that part. Thanks in advance for any and all help and suggestions in getting her running again and back on the road. Cheers all!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Warrior, blue with flames.
179 Posts
Man...they really hacked away in there.. 😞 by chance, did you claim on insurance? I'm sure you have a police report..... could take to local dealer and have them quote new harness, ignition, power commander, labor.... insurance might total her out but you CAN buy her back from insurance and keep the balance of the claim. She will not have a salvage title until ownership changed since she is still yours. Use the money to buy the replacement parts on ebay or from members on here. Maybe pick up a donor bike on the cheap, use what you need the sell the rest or keep as spares...they aren't making anymore of these..good luck man.

·
Registered
2006 Warrior, blue with flames.
179 Posts
Judging from pictures, there is half a dry break missing on left side of motor and in the other picture of the right side you can see the fe injector bypass wires and the Grey wire scotch-locked to the TPS which leads me to believe you had an early power commander 3 which they have not made in over a decade (I just went through this) and the only power commander available nowadays is the PC5 ( about $500 retail out the door). Most shops now are billing at $100/hr labor so that adds up quick( probably about 12-16hours just replacing the complete harness + parts).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts