RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to get the solo part of the stock 04 seat to fit an 02. Do I just have to relocate a bracket. Any advice?

·
Registered
850 Posts
it is very easy to get the 04 solo to fit. all you do is take the bracket off that holds the front of the seat and replace it with the 04 bracket. 2 bolts is all you have to undo. to put the passenger pad from an 04 to a 02-03 will take a bit more work, need to drill some holes in fender for the brackets for the passenger pad.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
As said, it's pretty easy. If you can find the 04 or newer locking bracket, it's a piece of cake. You CAN make the rear pad work without drilling holes. But that's another thread. The read pad bolts to the front seat. You can try the suction cup method used on expensive custom bikes...as the pad IS bolted to the front seat.

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
The passenger pillion on the '04' uses a unique front mounting bracket that will require (2) additional holes in the rear fender and the rear looped mounting bracket from the '02' i suspect can be reused for the rear mounting tab of the '04' pillion after drilling (2) more holes [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] [V]The riders solo seat on the '04' uses a rear bracket that is integral with the tool kit.
Two adapter plates could possibly be fabricated for attachment to the existing fender holes so that you don't need to drill the fender or possibly relocating the pillion attachment at the rear!Plan view of '04' fender and riders seat mounting rear bracket less passenger pillion front mounting bracket(plugged holes)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I have an 03 and bought a seat from a 06 and I was able to just install the driver seat with out any modifications.

But if you guys come up with a way to install the pillion with out drilling the fender am interested.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I am using a stock seat off an 02.I just removed the rear brackets when I have that seat on,it does clip on the tool kit bracket however ther is nothing supporting the tail of the 02 seat since I did not drill holes for the bracket.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Warrior_of_God

Hmmm... Good to know... I might be lookin for a stock solo...

Check O-Bay (Oliver) he has one up for bid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts