RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's been pampered, meticulously maintained, stays in climate controlled area, do have title. 10,500+ miles

Extras include: Rumble seat, Double T bars (gloss black), Kury grips, Samson Sweepers, Avon Tires F/B (less than 500 miles), 3" Forward Control Brackets, Tag/Rearend clean-up, Smoked Turn Lenses, Mini Ferring, Lower Cowl (I have added pics to my profile)

I'm in the Fort Smith, Arkansas area.

·
Registered
611 Posts
niteryder said:
She's been pampered, meticulously maintained, stays in climate controlled area, do have title. 10,500+ miles

Extras include: Rumble seat, Double T bars (gloss black), Kury grips, Samson Sweepers, Avon Tires F/B (less than 500 miles), 3" Forward Control Brackets, Tag/Rearend clean-up, Smoked Turn Lenses, Mini Ferring, Lower Cowl (I have added pics to my profile)

Take it unless you want to sell to a private party.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
nmbillr said:
niteryder said:
She's been pampered, meticulously maintained, stays in climate controlled area, do have title.  10,500+ miles

Extras include:  Rumble seat, Double T bars (gloss black), Kury grips, Samson Sweepers, Avon Tires F/B (less than 500 miles), 3" Forward Control Brackets, Tag/Rearend clean-up, Smoked Turn Lenses, Mini Ferring, Lower Cowl (I have added pics to my profile)

Take it unless you want to sell to a private party.
Bills right, selling to a dealer you will not get anything close to what its worth. First off they will tell you the add ons dont figure in, but they sure will jack the price up when they sell it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks drew... I originally posted it here for $8500 but never heard a word. Would come down to like $7500 if someone was serious. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought my 05 midnight for $8200. It had 5800 miles, boulevard windshield, sampson street sweepers, and a cover. Im in Dallas, TX. If you canhold on to it until after spring, you will probably get more bites. There probably isnt a whole lot of people looking at motorcycles right now. Wait till riding season.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The 6K from your dealer is the same I was offered from a few dealers for trade-in value and as mentioned they don't consider anything at all that's been done to it (until pricing it to sell). You could easily get much more then that if you sold it yourself but you'll have to list in several places. I put an ad on Craigslist and Cycletrader (in print and on web) and it went 2 or 3 weeks with no interest and then all of a sudden I was averaging at least one call a day. I was asking $9,800 I believe and one weekend had two parties wanting to drive 3 hours to come get it (with cashier's check for full amount) until they learned I didn't have the title in hand yet. That was just a few months ago but you'll obviously have an easier time selling after winter is done.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Aftermarket parts to not add value to your bike. They are worth about 1/10th what you paid for them when selling. So assume you have 2000$ in it, expect 200 dollars for the parts.

I'm suprised you were offered $6k that seems aweful high since the last '05 warrior I saw for sell went for $7000.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
gowen said:
I'm suprised you were offered $6k that seems aweful high since the last '05 warrior I saw for sell went for $7000.

When the two dealers were trying to take mine they looked it up and thats the exact number they came up with as well so apparently it's not unusual but keep in mind also that that's the trade-in, they can always try to work whatever they think they need to in the rest of the deal. They sell for all sorts of varying prices as I'm sure we've all seen but I've never seen a dealer or reseller sell one for 7K, I'd bet the one you're talking about was a private seller. But yeah, I've seen them anywhere from 5.5K to 16K on this site alone so it just all depends.

·
Registered
691 Posts
How much would you be planing on parting some things out. You would probably be able to make some money on selling some things and then bringing it back for that 6K trade in...Those desk clowns usually don't know the difference between stock and slightly modified.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts