RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there different mounting points for the passenger seat\ but when mounting just a solo seat to the warrior is there a change in the mounting points between an 05 and an 02-03?

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
The rear brackets will not fit properly. I remember I searched forums for the same issue and the guys suggested to grab the brackets from previous seat. I did not liked the idea and decided to buy a Solo seat for my 2003 Warrior. DenniKirk sells the 02-03 Corbin Hollywood Solo for 266.00.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not use the rear brackets on my 05 when using just the solo seat, the rear brackets are used only for the rear seat if I want to have it on.

But with the solo seat I only have to just click it in place...then its locked in, the rubber pads under the seat rest on the rear fender for supporting the seat \pretty simple fit.

I just wanted to know if the 05 solo seat would work on an 02-03 bike, minus the rear seat configuration.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
If I look at the parts for a 2005 seat, I see that the no. 26 front locking mechanism part number (5PX-21341-00-00) is identical to my 2003 one:

That means the front seat bracket installed on the 2003 seat will fit perfectly on your 2005 Warrior. However, I'm concerned that you don't use a rear bracket. If you take a deeper curve, your seat will slide on the side... guaranteed (it was confirmed on the forums by other fellow warriors). That could damage the front bracket, not to mention the safety of your ride. If I remember correctly, the guys were using the brackets from the 2003 seat and have then installed on the 2005 seat. I might be wrong, please let me know about the rear bracket.

Floren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts