RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 06 Warrior that just started dying for no reason. The battery was bad so I replaced the battery. Now it will start and idle and sometimes I can rev it up and sometimes it just dies when I try to give it throttle.One thing I did notice is that when I turn the key on, the noise of the pump is not nearly as loud as it used to be. Any idea where to start? I’m retired and on a fixed income and can’t afford to just start changing parts! I also have a power commander on it, should I try unplugging?

·
Administrator
28,413 Posts
Is it an 05 Warrior or an 06 (as pictured on the dealership showroom)?

How long have you had it!

Could you post a new current pic of both sides so we can condition and see some of the mods you have. And could you list the mods too, so we know as much as possible to help you.

How old is the battery and how often are you able to ride it? Does it sit a lot? Is the battery on a floater-charger?

Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s an 06, It has a power commander and straight pipes, don’t remember brand name. The bike is pristine and it does sit a lot. I will send more photos.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery is brand new. Replace 2 days ago.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it an 05 Warrior or an 06 (as pictured on the dealership showroom)?

How long have you had it!

Could you post a new current pic of both sides so we can condition and see some of the mods you have. And could you list the mods too, so we know as much as possible to help you.

How old is the battery and how often are you able to ride it? Does it sit a lot? Is the battery on a floater-charger?

Thanks.
It is an 06. I bought it off the showroom floor I think in 2011. Battery is new, put in 2 days ago. I do put batt minders in the winter time. It does have a power commander and after market pipes. It was dyne tuned after I put the power commander in. I will post pictures but it is pristine as it was on the showroom floor!

·
Registered
966 Posts
What does it idle at? it should be 850-950. And if not, can you adjust it with the knob under the seat?
How old is the gas?
And let's see some pics!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does it idle at? it should be 850-950. And if not, can you adjust it with the knob under the seat?
How old is the gas?
And let's see some pics!

I shall post pictures tomorrow. It’s raining like **** in Louisiana!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shall post pictures tomorrow. It’s raining like **** in Louisiana!
The bike is pristine, not a scratch on it. I’m 66 and ocd when it comes to cleaning my bikes. I have a 2014 VMax in the same condition. 2200 miles!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are a couple of shots taken today.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I’m looking for a little help here or I will have to trailer it to Baton Rouge!🤠

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this. I do notice when I turn the key, I don't hear the fuel pump like I used to??? Anybody, anything I can check?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you had the cps recall done. Make sure your battery connections are nice, tight and clean.

I did the recall when it was new!

·
Registered
42 Posts
How old is the gas?
And let's see some pics!

That knob on my bike is so hard to turn am I suppose to relieve pressure some how ? thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi, first off nice bike. I had the sticky knob myself and what I did was remove the tank then followed the screw/tube down the the carbs to make sure it wasn’t crimped. Then I got some sewing machine oil and ran it through. Haven’t had a problem since.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It idles fine! When you try to give it fuel , it falls on its face and dies!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts