RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find anything on it elsewhere. i'm looking at a new 07 at the dealership and asked if there were any recalls and he said he'd look into it. Last week he told me the shop guys said there is a recall. Anyone know what it may be?

i'm calling tomorrow to see about doing mods while they have it ripped apart. i'd like to do the higher 5th gear. what other internal mods are out there for a good junkie?

Thanks guys!
nate

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I believe the pick up coil is the only recall affecting an 07. If so, you can get a smaller front pulley installed for free during the work but that's about it.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48791

The 02 and some 03's had a big recall that opened up the engine and tranny....but they were the only ones that were that serious.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. i'm going 90 miles to the dealership to close the deal tomorrow. Maybe on it by end of week. GO IS GOOD, can't wait.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't know where in md you are. Just passing along. Valley Cycle in Winchester va has a 06 blue/silver flames 3k miles t bars shorty pipes (did not see a pcIII on it). Sticker was 9k. My boss was looking at it but his pants (wife) won't let him. I bought my 05 blk cherry warrior there. You will love the Warrior

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rub2race

Don't know where in md you are. Just passing along. Valley Cycle in Winchester va has a 06 blue/silver flames 3k miles t bars shorty pipes (did not see a pcIII on it). Sticker was 9k. My boss was looking at it but his pants (wife) won't let him. I bought my 05 blk cherry warrior there. You will love the Warrior

When a new one can be picked up for around 10K you better be able to get that thing for well under 9 or no deal.

I'd call this dealer, no matter how far I had to drive.....They seem to have great deals on ebay quite often.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-YAMAHA-ROAD-STAR-WARRIOR-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ170127793669QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50044QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. i ended up $10,400 OTD for a '07 New Midnight. Lovin' every mile of 90 miler home too. Some interstate, some secondary.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by safenate

thanks guys. i ended up $10,400 OTD for a '07 New Midnight. Lovin' every mile of 90 miler home too. Some interstate, some secondary.

You da man...MUCH better deal than a used for 9K And it wasn't anybody elses bitch.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Gratz man... Where did you buy it from... I was tooling around Pete's cycle in Arnold, MD last week... they seemed to be a bunch of tools themselves... lol,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i've never bought any bikes from Pete's, but have not been impressed with anything they do or how long it takes or how they treat people. "We start from the MSRP. Tell us why we should charge less." Heard a salesperson tell someone on the phone when they called for a price. i ordered a helmet for the future wife at the time and it took 3x longer then they said it would.

Got it from a place near Dulles in VA. i have to go down to DC about once a week and saw them on cycletrader. This was after a member agreed to a price on an 06 Midnight then backed out, then tried to get more over the agreed price...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts