RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of any recalls on 07 warrior??? Picked mine up sat and it stalled 3 times while riding it on 3 different days.Usually when i only have been running a few minutes.I think my lower throttle cable is loose.the metal sweep that threads in is supposed to be tightened by a black plastic or metal ring that seems to have 3 or 4 dots on it, or dimples? I snug it up but as soon as you check to see how tight it is , it loosens and swivels again. I put up a post up yesterday ad got some responses and thank you,I just wasnt sure if i was explaining myself good. Also I was looking at the roadhouse slip on. It is tapered but it says it is 6 inches in diameter,which is the size of the stock pipe . Is it smaller overall and how does it sound??? does it come with the master cylinder relo bracket? Trying to avoid the expensive pipe ,power commander deal. also looked at the bub slip on,any thoughts or pics on either of these would be appreciated.thanks again for the help
joe

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
TPS recall and I am Not sure about the CPS. Have your dealer run a Vin check or call yamaha customer servicewith your vin

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sounds like someone messed up when setting up the bike. I'd take it back and have them fix it. As to the pipe/powercommander question. You can get either of those pipes and it shouldn't be an issue, I like the Bub better personally but that's just me. You could also go to a new set of pipes, no need for a power commander until you get into BAK's and other mods, just do an ECU bump.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Major cause of stalling, when not warmed up, is to low of idle. Make sure your idle is 950=1000 rpm, when warm. Dealers are notorious for setting the idle to low.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
quote:Originally posted by edstein

what is a cps??

CPS = Crank Position Sensor ... Recall is for all 02 -07 Roadstar Warriors

Take a look at the sticky topic in the Technical Discussion Forum for all you ever wanted to know about the CPS ... if you have any other questions, do a search and you will more info and different riders experiences with CPS failures, how to replace the CPS while eatting a Big Mac, and other owners experiences with the recalls (the good, the bad and the ugly)

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Warrior does tend to stall when coming up to a stop when cold until you get it broken in well. Like has been said here check to make sure your idle is set at the right rpm and then just ride to get some break-in miles on there.

Check my gallery for a pic of the Roadhouse. It's wide at the outlet but much narrower at the inlet. Got a pretty good sound. I'm looking to sell mine since I just picked up a pro-pipe but haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
My warrior has Never stalled at any light cold or hot ever.. Except this weekend but that was a Fouled Plug possible coil.. Working on Both

·
Registered
209 Posts
quote:CPS = Crank Position Sensor ... Recall is for all 02 -07 Roadstar Warriors

Take a look at the sticky topic in the Technical Discussion Forum for all you ever wanted to know about the CPS ... if you have any other questions, do a search and you will more info and different riders experiences with CPS failures, how to replace the CPS while eatting a Big Mac, and other owners experiences with the recalls (the good, the bad and the ugly)

Just picked up an '07 myself. Is there any chance that the CPS recall requires digging into the motor? (Hoping for a cheap hi-per kit install like in model-years past. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif])

·
Registered
219 Posts
is this something I can simply do by calling a local yamaha dealer and does it mattert that I'm the 2nd owner of this bike? It only has 4k on the odometer...

any help would be greatful, roger that on the stalling out before warming up. Will check the rpm on the bike...

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Give dealer the vin, they can tell ya if it was done, they'll do it no matter how many people owned it..my 07 has a little over 5k, recall done and still stall at stop when cold..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Make sure to set the idle up a bit, 950-980-1000, and I let the bike warm up while I put my jacket on and Helmet. I have never had the bike stall, ever (2007)

·
Registered
262 Posts
mine has stalled a lot lately. it does it all different times. as i am about to take off from a stop light and as im rolling up to it is the most. i have even had it stall when i get on hard and pull in the clutch. i realized the idle was really low (stupid dealership). cranked it up just under 1k and it has not done it since.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
No engine teardown with cps recall. As long as recall was never done they have to do it for free. btw there is no such thing as free cuz they will charge you for oil. my free recall still cost me $41

1 - 18 of 18 Posts