RS Warrior Forum banner

08 Warrior pricing ?

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  MarcoPolo 
#1 ·
I went to the dealer and was quoted $15000 OTD for an 08 warrior vance and hines short shots speed star air box barons bomber bars and pc3 fuel controller all ordered and installed .My guestion is is this a good deal for this bike?

#4 ·
With today's economy, most Yamaha dealers are offloading the bigger, more expensive, bikes for waaaaaaaaaay cheaper pricing than the posted MSRP. The beauty of MSRP is that it stands for Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price. It's just a suggestion - And those are like opinions, and Opinions are like a$$holes: everyone's got one! - and as long as you have a reasonable suggestion of your own, then you can walk out of there, not feeling like you were just violated. Anyhow, that being said, you can probably end up walking out of the dealership, having paid around $11k OTD for a Roadstar Warrior.

That, however, is just my opinion.

#8 ·
I agree...even with the mods, 15K seems a little steep. The mods you listed aren't too elaborate from "time to do" standpoint- you could do them all yourself in a couple hours - so figure the stealer will charge you for twice that.

#9 ·
You can buy a brand new 0 miles 2007 Warrior for $9,000 or less... eBay is full of them and they are sold by dealers.
IMO, the top price for your 2008 bike + all parts you listed should be max $11,000. Your add-ons do not cost $2,000 anyways...

The $4,000 you could save on it will be surely invested on a nice big wheel + a gift to your wife.

#10 ·
I paid $11,000 out the door for my brand new06, and I now know that I could have made a better deal!!!!! I was just blind sided by the warrior (I had never seen one and fell in love) and the dealer took advantage of it........ I would not pay more than that for one... and the accessories are not worth $4,000 more... you could get a stock bike and install all that stuff yourself for a lot less....

#12 ·
hmj said:
Thanks to all who have replied this has opened my eyes and i will not pay that amount.

That is what makes this forum so great. Make sure to post up when you make the purchase to let us know what you were able to negotiate. Then we can use the money you saved to throw a huge rswarrior.com party!

Seriously, good luck with the purchase and I hope you get the bike. You will not regret it.

#15 ·
I live in Minnesota, and I bought an 08 Midnight Warrior three weeks ago. The Midnight retails for $12,850. I paid $12,300 before tax and license bone stock. You were quoted almost $3000 more for a few modifications. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think those mods add up to three grand.

#16 ·
i picked up my 07 with ground punders 0 miles OTD at 11K. I put carlini drag bars, have the vbak, pc3 and a few other goodies, just at 3k miles now.. I'll sell it to ya for 13,500...J/K ...get on ebay and get a steal on a leftover, you will save a lot of money.. which you will need for mods..good luck

#20 ·
Arizona Warrior said:
I'd agree $11k OTD would be excellent, $12k would be acceptable, plus any state sales tax and licensing.

That's a unique perspective on "OTD" isn't it? When someone tells me "OTD" they better mean "out the door", not plus blah blah blah...

I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a dealer willing to give youan '08plus all the accessories installed for 11K OTD. Yet.

#21 ·
How have you been?

Different states have different tax rates and some states have very high licensing fees. As it happens, Oregon has no sales tax and low fees, sowe think about OTD differently than you. Its not unique its polite!

Have a look around maybe in your state you'll see '07 '08 new Warriors sellingvery affordably too. The new model year is out, and we should expect to see some'07 or '08 dealer display bikes with some mods (written-off as advertising costs) getting the heave-ho. Besides, the price has everything to do with what state you live in, don't you think!!

Marco Polo said:
Arizona Warrior said:
I'd agree $11k OTD would be excellent, $12k would be acceptable, plus any state sales tax and licensing.

That's a unique perspective on "OTD" isn't it? When someone tells me "OTD" they better mean "out the door", not plus blah blah blah... I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a dealer willing to give youan '08plus all the accessories installed for 11K OTD. Yet.

#22 ·
Ilive in daytona beach florida and about 2 months ago got a new 08, 0 miles out the door for 12,450 but now.....

Up to $750 Customer Cash on select Star Motorcycle models

Eligible Models: All new 2008 and prior year models listed:

•Roadliner models - $750
•Stratoliner models - $750
•Road Star models - $500
(all models including Warrior)
• V Star 1300/Tourer - $500
• V Star 1100 models - $300

Offer available September 1 through December 31, 2008.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.