RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Just took bike to local Yamaha store and tech called and said the rattle I heard near the header is “something” caught in the system. I’m rubbing aftermarket long straight pipes.
I need to replace according to tech. I’m picking up my bike tomorrow (worst shop I’ve ever dealt with) and Wilk take bike where I should have to begin with
Anybody have a complete set of similar pipes for sale?
Please let me know.
Ty.
9B990554-E0B1-45B0-B2A3-D7BC9B6CC73D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
A rattle is something caught in the system? What they **** are they telling you. What is caught in what system.
Since you are new, please give us a nice detailed description of your bike, what mods it has and what exactly is going on. It could be something as simple as a loose header bolt, loose heat shield, loose bracket.....anything.

·
Administrator
28,542 Posts
Get a simple mechanic's stethoscope and probe for the rattle. IF its actually in the pipes then get new gaskets and pull the pipes to inspect. Check heat shields and baffles. Often easy fixes.

Ask yourself a couple more questions: Does it rattle only when riding, or only at idle, or both? Does frequency change (or become momentary) with acceleration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts