RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weakened ... again .. but this time I did stick with the Yamaha brand ... 馃槀

I bought a nice, immaculate XJR1300 that came with boxes of extras like aftermarket mufflers, later model rear tail lights and fender guard, plus pegs, screen etc etc etc ...

21,000klms and it鈥檚 2003 ... previous owner must have been fastidious as I鈥檝e not found a mark or corrosion anywhere except some of the black engine barrels could need a touch up, chrome etc is perfect. I鈥檒l be removing the Ohlins sticker I think ...

Only a short ride so far but immediately can tell it鈥檚 agile and no shortage of power. Comfy riding position, more sit up than lean over which would kill me ...

Registered
Yamaha Warrior XV1700
Congratz bro...nice machine...enjoy.....do you still have your Warrior as well? I had an XJR1300 also, in fact it was the bike I sold to get myself a Warrior. Still miss her. She was immaculate too. Would have actually liked to have kept her...would have been nice to have the XJR1300 together with the XV1700 in my stable but I just can't afford having 2 bikes. Here's some pics of me and my XJR1300. She was a 2004 model with only 19,000 kilometers on the clock when I got her. Had her for 2 years and sold her with 36,000 km on the clock. That was almost 2 years ago now. I see you also took your baffles out just like I did :)

Registered
That is an awesome bike. Guys here switch to superbike handlebars. A bit wider, a bit higher, more sitting upright ..... so a sports tourer as expected. Lots of power.

Congratz !

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes mate, still have the Warrior and also the BMW. My wife doesn鈥檛 understand when she ask鈥檚 why I need 3 bikes ... she also doesn鈥檛 understand when I reply why do you have 10 chopping boards 馃槀

I justify it to myself ... The Warrior is a Sexy Beast and fairly rare down under, I sold my 1st and regretted it but it鈥檚 no good for me as a regular ride as it鈥檚 uncomfortable on my back. The BMW ticks all the boxes in regards to power, handling, comfort and long distance touring. The XJR was a spur of the moment purchase, I鈥檝e always liked them and the fact they have not changed a lot since 1st coming on the scene ,.bullet proof Yamaha and it gives me options on those rides 鈥榙o I take the XJR or BMW鈥?
At the end of the day my son will end up with whatever I have.

And Re baffles, I鈥檝e done nothing to it, I don鈥檛 pick it up until tomorrow. It sounds nice so I鈥檓 guessing that鈥檚 because the baffles are out 馃槀 It鈥檚 got boxes of extra parts, another set of sport mufflers, sport fairing screen and a later model rear tail lights and rear guard. Lots of parts I didn鈥檛 even take much notice of.

Congratz bro...nice machine...enjoy.....do you still have your Warrior as well? I Would have actually liked to have kept her...would have been nice to have the XJR1300 together with the XV1700 in my stable but I just can't afford having 2 bikes. Here's some pics of me and my XJR1300. I see you also took your baffles out just like I did :)

View attachment 252332

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is an awesome bike. Guys here switch to superbike handlebars. A bit wider, a bit higher, more sitting upright ..... so a sports tourer as expected. Lots of power.

Congratz !
Thanks Thommy, I鈥檓 guessing what鈥檚 on there now is standard, but my1st impression was the upright style suited my spine, I鈥檓 sure as I get used to it I鈥檒l have a play around if I think it can be better. 馃憤馃憤

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I鈥檝e done it again , goodbye Beemer & Hello GTR 1400

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts