RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site you have here! I'm looking forward to all the reading I have ahead of me. I wish I had read up on this site sooner.

I've been shopping around for a bike a few months now and have been bouncing all over the place mentally. I didn't want to spend much more than 8k and started off wanting a sport bike. I rode a GS 750 and GSX-R 1100 back in the early '90s and was going to re-start with a GSX-R 750.

After looking around the used market for low mileage bikes, I didn't see prices much lower than new. Consequently, I looked more in the new market and my $ ceiling began to rise. After my wife mentioned her concern over me spending more time away from her, I switched my focus to crusiers, or moreso Power Cruisers.

A couple of years ago, a friend bought a Road Star and brought the catalog into work one day. After flipping through it, I fell for the Warrior and thought if I were to get a cruiser that'd be it. So I started my shopping with that and the Boulevard (trying to be loyal to what I had started with).

I showed my wife the Warrior and she thought it didn't suit me well. So she drug me over to see the Victory Hammer. The next day I showed her ohiomike's Warrior on eBay, and she thought that was great. Apparently, she really likes chrome and fat rear tires. The new Hammer was 17k and ohiomike wanted 15k. After reason kicked in, I reverted back to my original limit of 8k.

On eBay, I found an '04 Warrior with just over 2k miles on it and clicked "Buy it Now". It has the PCIII and S* pipes, as well as, plenty of chrome including the wheels. IMHO, not a bad start. A 14 hour round trip next weekend to pick it up.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Congrats and Thanks for Not buying my bike.. I am keeping it a while Longer.. Did you see Vectors on ebay... Smoking deal for $10,000

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
The Hammer is a POS for 17K...you can find a used SE VROD the some paid 30 for 2 years ago for 18K - Mikes Bike looks like a 30k+ machine and is a good deal. It feels much nicer only paying 8 if your finacing. Vectors is a head turner from ****
welcome 2 the club

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I'll be lurking for most of this week, just in case the deal falls through.

quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

Congrats and Thanks for Not buying my bike.. I am keeping it a while Longer.. Did you see Vectors on ebay... Smoking deal for $10,000

You're welcome. That thing is f-ing gorgeous!!! It inspired me to stick by my guns and go with the warrior. Staying within my original 8k limit will really help me out in the long run. At least now I know there's a lot of potential out there.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
good luck! Mike is a man possessed. Needs an intervention. "Hello I'm Mike, & I'm a Modoholic".

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked the bike up on Saturday. I put about 20 miles on it on Sunday and Monday. Picked up my plates on Tuesday and put on another 90 miles.

My wife and daughter were upset that used it to drop my son son off at his scout meeting. They wanted to ride! So far, so good. Expect to see more of me on the board.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts