RS Warrior Forum banner

$10,900 a good price on a 2006 Midnight Warrior?

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  waterdog 
#1 ·
About to bite the bullet on one of these bad mama jamas (my first post here to /emoticons/emotion-2.gif) and wanted some feedback on priceing. Bone stock, fresh out of the crate Midnight Warrior and I'm being offered a discount to $10,900 before all the paperwork is done, so I assume a little higher ride out.

Anything I should mention or ask about before signing paperwork on Tuesday?

See less See more
#3 ·
quote:Originally posted by 05midnight

Yeah, that sounds ok.....About what I paid for mine. Maybe try to get a helmet out of it too!

Yeah, I think it's time to ditch my 5 year old HD-tagged full face for something newer [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I'm gonna try to get the soft bags in the catalog first though

#4 ·
Sounds good to me. That's about what I paid. I found the lowest price on the internet that I could find within 300 miles and told them to get within a few hundred or I would go get it elsewhere. It's easy for me though, South Florida had great bike deals. They matched the deal I found. I think it was like 11,400.00 out the door. Some have gotten better deals but that's not bad at all. Ask them to put a Speedstar 2-1-2 pipe on it for that price and you'll be getting a great deal and an awesome pipe!

Also, Unless your really confident that there is a service dept close by that is really good, don't let them talk you into an extended warranty. I do all my own wrenching anyway, I don't trust them.

Congrats.

#5 ·
If I were you I'd stay away from the "Warrior" soft bags. From what I've seen they are really small and not the greatest quality for the money. Have them throw in the pipe like condrons was saying. You'll be much happier that way.

#6 ·
quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

If I were you I'd stay away from the "Warrior" soft bags. From what I've seen they are really small and not the greatest quality for the money. Have them throw in the pipe like condrons was saying. You'll be much happier that way.

Oh ****, thanks for the heads up. I had some **** decent soft bags for my Triumph that were great for the weekend. $200 I can spend somewhere else now

#7 ·
quote:Originally posted by CanonNinja

quote:Originally posted by DFW_Warrior

Oh ****, thanks for the heads up. I had some **** decent soft bags for my Triumph that were great for the weekend. $200 I can spend somewhere else now
For bags you might want to look at www.cruisercustomizing.com for Easybrackets and Saddleman slant bags (Jumbo size is not huge and can fit with stock pipe). That's about $300 spent but they are on and off in 10 seconds... I also use their Montana trunk bag across the seat and side bags for trips without passenger. Let me know if you need pics!

#8 ·
Get the "ride out" price by phone. Don't even set foot in that place until they nail down the Out The Door Price. The dealers like to add fees for lots of little things. My 06 was $11,500 OTD back in December. OTD='s all fees tax, tags and a full tank of gas. A few hundred bucks doesn't seem like much when you spend 11 grand. But it's your money and you are gonna need it.. Mods baby Mods.

#13 ·
I'm getting realllly antsy waiting until Tuesday for them to open up. I'm going to cash a check tomorrow for my V-star I just sold this morning and find out how I need to take care of that payoff so I can just swipe my Yamaha card Tuesday and ride out.

Oh, curious about this. Any of you guys get the regular ass clowns asking "Why not a V-Rod for a little more money?" I've had that about 5 or 6 times today alone

#14 ·
$10,900 is an excellent price. Any dealer less than that or willing to throw anything in is just trying to get the sale number for next years allocation. Be happy with that price.

To the second question...cause the V-Rod can only go fast straight. If you just wanted that, you would get a V-Max. Unless you are just going to the drag, the Warrior rides circles around the V-Rod. ...and why the **** should anyone pay a bit more for a bike that is not better? That stupid lemming mentality is the only reason why Harley is in business.

#18 ·
quote:Originally posted by mark1

Just like said before, the out the door price has nothing to do with the base price of the bike, all kinds of fees can be added by the dealer. either way you are going to love this bike! welcome.

thanks for the welcome. I'm getting nervous about tomorrow already. I just did an online payoff so I can get the balance ready tomorrow for the Warrior. **** I'm excited [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.