·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bucky was the only one doing them on here. I can make one, but it's gonna take some time to put together....
No real hurry, just something I was thinking about and though would check into. I saw that Buckys stuff had a theme. If you came up with something, imo something that still had the stock look but with 108 instead of 102.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Could you not bondo the 2 and have an 8 CNC-ed in its place? Just a thought. On a side note: Justice I am sure if you offered a run on 108-110 covers people would jump all over dem! Dunno??

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Way back 04-05ish someone was trying to take a stocker and mill it down and just replace the 102 with a 108. Same with the Yamaha custom Billet stuff. Don't remember if it worked or not. I didn't follow those topics very much because I wasn't going to have a 108-110 kit bike. **** times change.:cool:

·
Registered
12,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could you not bondo the 2 and have an 8 CNC-ed in its place? Just a thought. On a side note: Justice I am sure if you offered a run on 108-110 covers people would jump all over dem! Dunno??
One my last warrior, I had the "Yamaha" welded in on the round circle covers.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Count me in for a 108 cover like lagalaxy8 described. And love both L & R flame covers....they always draw nice comments.

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
You can safely remove enough material on the round disc's to have the Yamaha completely gone, no need to weld them up. The disc on the generator side though will leave 2 small holes however, but they look like they belong there. The 108 cover would be pretty sweet, if one had a need for it. Since Bucky is no longer an approved site vendor, I wonder if there is another vendor that would take up the torch and run with it. Still waiting on my reply from the new site owners about getting mine reinstated, 'bout to give up on it and just go to Ebay with the bits.

CAD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the billet cover with 110 c.i. Had a friend mill the surface like a 1/16th then cnc mill the 110 in it with the same numbers. The hard part was matching the newly machined aluminum. Those billet parts are also what I believe is nickel plated. Shiny milled surface and also a gold tint on sides. Well after almost 6 hours of progressively finer sanding I clearcoated it and love it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts