RS Warrior Forum banner

120 big bore kit

4K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  Heftysmurf 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a question that I'd like answered so if any of you know anything about this it would be much appreciated. I am interested in getting a big bore kit done on my warrior. I found a 120 CI big bore kit for the raider, is this comparable with the warrior engine or only the raider engine? Is there any way I can put a 120 ci big bore kit on my warrior?

#2 ·
The raider jugs differ.

Check Patrick Racing for 108 and 110 Warrior kits.

An interesting read just for giggles:

#8 ·
Contact Patrick Racing. Jugs are cylinders. I do suggest more homework like reading and searching here as this will be a costly en devour. Making power is not just a huge honking motor. A combination of good breathing heads, correct cams, pistons, tune....etc.
Sleeved cylinders are not necessarily bad as they are done in a ton of factory & racing application but the Nikasil coating from factory is top notch.

#5 ·
In addition to my post a moment ago, here's early info on PR's early 122ci which was sold by a couple other shops too:

#7 ·
Correct. Nikisil lining is awesome. I understand that it can be applied to the new sleeves but its expensive so not many do it. In the last few years there are more shops doing this coating so maybe the price will come down.

#9 ·
This is a far out thought; but has anyone thought of/accomplished an engine swap using the Raider engine mated to the Warrior rolling chassis?
And is it even possible? I know we have some very talented fella's on here like wolfraider and kevinkoni, rji, christok, kylenv and others who
maybe could chime in, just for the sake of conversation....

-I would equate a build like that with the WW2 Mustang fighter plane being fitted with the Rolls Royce Merlin engine. It was ok before but afterword:
DOMINANCE. (Same with the Hawker Typhoon after its teething problems were sorted out). Anyways I did not mean to hi-jack this thread, Ride
Safe all?
Rg

#16 ·
Another question off the subject. I'm interested in putting a much larger rear wheel and much wider as well like 20"- 23" x 400 mm. Any good ideas on where I can buy a single rear swing arm for cheaper that 5gs?? Thinking I should just build it my self.

#22 ·
Thank you and I know I do. I grew up on a farm went to school for auto mechanics while building houses for a living and have done many other interesting jobs along the way. I am now a big rid truck driver. But when it comes to a bike, I know what I want. But ita not going to be cheap getting it. Lol like a frame made to look like it's been made out of a massive tow chain. But that's a whole nother subject.

#19 ·
Lots of members here installed 108ci and 110ci just use the advanced search feature. For any width swing arm get ahold of KyleNV but first identify your rear tire and get actual physical overall width and height and weight from manufacturer so you can focus on tire and rim and etc when talking with him.

You will also need a longer pulley shaft probably with extended bearing supports to match.

If you can afford it Kyle can cut and raise the top two frame rails and additionally brace the bottom cradle members (same challenges as the dual motor Bonneville Warrior). That would give you room for a 120ci or even an S&S 124ci. There may also need to be an exhaust pipe route modification at the front jug to avoid the front frame upright (Warrior configuration).

All you need is serious cash. There are already members here who have done remarkable things.

#21 ·
Awesome.. yea I've got to do some measuring first to determine the size I'm going to go with. It will require a modified rear fender seat and fender mounting brackets on the side and the swing arm so I figured just go a the with it. Thanks for the info.

#23 ·
One of the first things I read just before I took delivery was that the Warrior could do 140mph. Now for a bike that weighs as much as it does the true inertia speed could be as high as 146/147mph. Now I don’t care how young or old you are that is serious speed. Now I’ve had mine up to 215kph and that is way fast for me. We have a name for guys who drive or ride too fast and they are called Temporary Australians. Yes it’s good to have bragging rights, but anything can happen your fault, someone else’s fault and bike at fault and you get taken away in a meat wagon. However, you as an individual has the right to do whatever you want, the choice is always yours 😎😎🐝

#30 ·
If you don’t skimp on price and quality, you can change it the chain. This is an assumption on my part, but I think Patrick Racing used chain on their Warrior. Hefty is right that by going to chain there are many combinations of cogs you can use. When you talk about street bikes I don’t think the warrior no matter what you did could match a 200 hp bike. To cut down wind resistance you would probably need clip on bars so that your lying as flat as you can. Also consider moving your controls back to middle at least. Also part 23 you will definitely need a Ivan done and pipes with plenty of back pressure and finally a fuel control like a Commander. Just as a thought while typing this your front brakes. The bigger the discs and the bigger the brake pads the better fo pulling up. Last but not least is attach a petrol tanker as you will go through fuel as if there is no tomorrow lol😎😎🐝

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.