RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a question that I'd like answered so if any of you know anything about this it would be much appreciated. I am interested in getting a big bore kit done on my warrior. I found a 120 CI big bore kit for the raider, is this comparable with the warrior engine or only the raider engine? Is there any way I can put a 120 ci big bore kit on my warrior?

·
Administrator
28,773 Posts
The raider jugs differ.

Check Patrick Racing for 108 and 110 Warrior kits.

An interesting read just for giggles:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So 120 is not possible? What do you mean the jugs are different? I'd like to go bigger than the 110 if at all possible.

·
Administrator
28,773 Posts
In addition to my post a moment ago, here's early info on PR's early 122ci which was sold by a couple other shops too:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Correct me if I’m wrong AZ. If you get a big bore kit ( 110 ) don’t you lose that special material sleeve ( can’t remember the name ) that the standard Cylinders have? 😎😎🐝

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
So 120 is not possible? What do you mean the jugs are different? I'd like to go bigger than the 110 if at all possible.
Contact Patrick Racing. Jugs are cylinders. I do suggest more homework like reading and searching here as this will be a costly en devour. Making power is not just a huge honking motor. A combination of good breathing heads, correct cams, pistons, tune....etc.
Sleeved cylinders are not necessarily bad as they are done in a ton of factory & racing application but the Nikasil coating from factory is top notch.

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is a far out thought; but has anyone thought of/accomplished an engine swap using the Raider engine mated to the Warrior rolling chassis?
And is it even possible? I know we have some very talented fella's on here like wolfraider and kevinkoni, rji, christok, kylenv and others who
maybe could chime in, just for the sake of conversation....

-I would equate a build like that with the WW2 Mustang fighter plane being fitted with the Rolls Royce Merlin engine. It was ok before but afterword:
DOMINANCE. (Same with the Hawker Typhoon after its teething problems were sorted out). Anyways I did not mean to hi-jack this thread, Ride
Safe all?
Rg

·
Registered
676 Posts
Putting aside the possibility or not of putting a raider motor in a warrior frame. The frame would have to be re stressed to take the torque of the raider motor. The flexing of the warrior frame would be immense if left standard. I my humble opinion. If you could do it, would it become a Waider??😎😎🐝

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see
This is a far out thought; but has anyone thought of/accomplished an engine swap using the Raider engine mated to the Warrior rolling chassis?
And is it even possible? I know we have some very talented fella's on here like wolfraider and kevinkoni, rji, christok, kylenv and others who
maybe could chime in, just for the sake of conversation....

-I would equate a build like that with the WW2 Mustang fighter plane being fitted with the Rolls Royce Merlin engine. It was ok before but afterword:
DOMINANCE. (Same with the Hawker Typhoon after its teething problems were sorted out). Anyways I did not mean to hi-jack this thread, Ride
Safe all?
Rg
That's what I was thinking as well. But I thought I just sit here and see what gets posted on the subject before I asked another question. Dont want to get overloaded. Lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Putting aside the possibility or not of putting a raider motor in a warrior frame. The frame would have to be re stressed to take the torque of the raider motor. The flexing of the warrior frame would be immense if left standard. I my humble opinion. If you could do it, would it become a Waider??😎😎🐝
Lmao agreed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So in the end I should just considder building me a bike from scratch before I go trying to go bigger than the 110. Conclusion concluded. Thanks fellas. You all have answered the questions from my wondering mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just curious because I have 2 warriors and want to make one as fast and as powerful as I can. Hoping to get over GD's 140mph mark.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another question off the subject. I'm interested in putting a much larger rear wheel and much wider as well like 20"- 23" x 400 mm. Any good ideas on where I can buy a single rear swing arm for cheaper that 5gs?? Thinking I should just build it my self.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I was just curious because I have 2 warriors and want to make one as fast and as powerful as I can. Hoping to get over GD's 140mph mark.
Another suggestion for you. Do a search for GD WARRIOR in YouTube. He put a 110 kit in his Warrior. This might give you a clear idea about it.😎😎🐝

·
Registered
391 Posts
Smokey81;

-I would suggest trying to get in contact with maybe a fella like wolfraider who is an incredible fabricator and see what he has to say about your swing-arm question.
Good luck and you sir have a very creative mind......
Be safe and Ride safe!
Rg

·
Administrator
28,773 Posts
Lots of members here installed 108ci and 110ci just use the advanced search feature. For any width swing arm get ahold of KyleNV but first identify your rear tire and get actual physical overall width and height and weight from manufacturer so you can focus on tire and rim and etc when talking with him.

You will also need a longer pulley shaft probably with extended bearing supports to match.

If you can afford it Kyle can cut and raise the top two frame rails and additionally brace the bottom cradle members (same challenges as the dual motor Bonneville Warrior). That would give you room for a 120ci or even an S&S 124ci. There may also need to be an exhaust pipe route modification at the front jug to avoid the front frame upright (Warrior configuration).

All you need is serious cash. There are already members here who have done remarkable things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another suggestion for you. Do a search for GD WARRIOR in YouTube. He put a 110 kit in his Warrior. This might give you a clear idea about it.😎😎🐝
Yes that is exactly who I was referring too but he has done most mods to his warrior and still only tops out at 140. I can already top out at 130 135 and I have only put a k&n air filter and the block off kit to remove the back fire. The bike came with some sfi fuel injection adjustment thing I found under the seat. With that I can adjust the fuel injection just like a carburetor. I've also added a curved license plate holder to the side of the bike but that doesnt add to the speed or power of the bike. Next month I am going to get the 33 tooth front pully and churchkey vbak. This month I am putting some new shinko verge 11 tires on the bike cuz the cruiser tires that came with the bike were made in 2013. So the new tires should help not to burn out so much on take off and put to use some of that power to my take off speed. I bought this particular warrior back in april. Already put 2000 miles on it. Not bad for only an hour ride a day. First thing I did was change the oil and replace the worn out grips that were on it. Then the block off kit then the k&n filter. I love the warrior it is the second one I own. The first one is prety much just a pile of parts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts