RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding down I-45 south today and decide to open it up a bit. I actually opened it up full throttle and got up to 130+ before I had to slow down for traffic. I feel the bike wasn't completely topped out as I could still feel it pulling. First of all, how far off are most Warrior speedometers from the actual speed? And, with a PCIII, DIY BAK, AIS block off, and Samson Ground Pounders w/ a custom (sawed off baffle), would anyone have an idea of top speed might be with a stock motor?

I've actually done 125 in the past with a Dynotek Fuel Injection Module but have recently purchased a mapped PCIII which actually gave the bike more power.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arizona Warrior said:
My speedo showed 134-ish (bouncing) with the tach flashing redline and the GPS showed 125mph max speed. I think this seems fairly common with others. Fun ride, isn't it!

Yeah, a blast! It get's there rather quickly as well.

·
Registered
670 Posts
In most states if you get caught at that speed, you not only get a ticket. Your lose your drivers license. Good luck

·
Registered
661 Posts
I haven't hit the rev limiter yet! I've had it over 130 a few times now. These bikes just wanna go go go. It's solid and smooth at that speed as well. Even with the 240 tire! Yaahhoooo!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
You can get better then the 135 indicated (+/- 5%). Find a good long downhill and tuck as tight as you can. I made it 147 according to the speedo of a '92 Vette. Couldnt even look at what ours said, I was having a hard time just holding my head still. My chest was flat, legs were stretched and head was tucked as tight under the speed* fairing as I could. That was stock. The bike will keep climbing as long as conditions allow it to (downhill, tail wind) as long as the limiter doesnt cut the spark.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I havent grown the [email protected] yet to take it past 120......

Scoper50 said:
In most states if you get caught at that speed, you not only get a ticket. Your lose your drivers license. Good luck

If I understand the laws here in IL correctly, a cop wont even bother going after you if they are stationed and clocking. If they try to pull you over and you show signs of running, they're supposed to immediatley stop call it off. They dont want to risk the high speed chase. This info coming from a friend of mine that is a IL State Trooper.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have only been able to get mine to about 120-125. not even close to the red line but that is where it stops climbing. I am also in the mountains of wyoming so not sure it the oxygen levels have a say in the speed or if it is a limiter.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Scoper50 said:

Ah, finally giving your warrior brothers advice.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I've been to about 125 indicated and still had room. Haven't had the wild hair + conditions since that run.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have bumped the rev limiter in 5 th gear...no way I was looking at the speedo.I could do the math but just don't have enough fingers. once was enough 4 me.It was just that the freeway was clear,smooth,no wind,day time and sometimes you just have the need for speed!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I had mine to 130, closed course, race track conditions of course. First ride and I wouldn't do it again for safety reasons.

Oh yeah, cops may not follow past that speed, my dept actually does, but you can bet they are letting all of their buddies know which direction you are heading, and you may still get stopped. Be careful out there guys/gals.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
independent_lemming said:
You can get better then the 135 indicated (+/- 5%). Find a good long downhill and tuck as tight as you can. I made it 147 according to the speedo of a '92 Vette. Couldnt even look at what ours said, I was having a hard time just holding my head still. My chest was flat, legs were stretched and head was tucked as tight under the speed* fairing as I could. That was stock. The bike will keep climbing as long as conditions allow it to (downhill, tail wind) as long as the limiter doesnt cut the spark.

Somehow something like this comes to mind when I read our post...

Or this...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
davidd said:
Oh yeah, cops may not follow past that speed, my dept actually does, but you can bet they are letting all of their buddies know which direction you are heading, and you may still get stopped. Be careful out there guys/gals.

Friend of mine with a R1 thought he got away. About 20 mins after he got home got a knock on the door. Was the county sheriff. He got away, but they got his license plate number.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
siradude said:
independent_lemming said:

Somehow something like this comes to mind when I read our post...

Or this...

LOL

I'm to large for the first pic but the 2nd is pretty close. My Jug Huggers completely flamed my pant leg.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts