RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
With all that invested in chrome and stuff, he should have spent a little on paint.

I wish him luck in finding a suckersomeone to buy at that price. At lease he did not make a bunch of BS up about the bike.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I hope he gets it or anywhere close to that but somehow I'm thinking he won't. +1 on the no BS description. Normally with a price like that you'd read about how it was the first one ever made and the wheels cost $7,500 each and were handmade blah blah blah....

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Question: Why do Harleys, EVEN 10 year old ones, cost so much?
Answer: Because the Harley community doesnt *** on their own bikes.

Look, I paid 13k for my 07, brand new with 1 mile on it. If I put another 5-6k into it I would **** sure be looking to get "something" back towards it. With only 5k on the clock the bike is still almost new. I know we are all looking for deals, these days especially, but do you really think our bikes are such crap they dont deserve to go for so much?

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Rob your right.. I am gonna start a fake ebay account and bid $16999.00

I bought a brand new Raider and put $7500 in extras toit without labor and have had it on ebay for 5 weeks straight (free now to list $125. if you sell) at $14,500 (msrp new is $14800)and have not had even one bid. Its a harley world I guess. It will sell in the spring but then it will be $15,500 I will keep it for another year for anything less..

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
ohiomike said:
Rob your right.. I am gonna start a fake ebay account and bid $16999.00

I bought a brand new Raider and put $7500 in extras toit without labor and have had it on ebay for 5 weeks straight (free now to list $125. if you sell) at $14,500 (msrp new is $14800)and have not had even one bid. Its a harley world I guess. It will sell in the spring but then it will be $15,500 I will keep it for another year for anything less..

Mike, you buy and sell bikes like you are a dealership.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's why I said I hope he gets it or anywhere close to what he's asking. It would make selling mine for a decent price that much easier and they definitely SHOULDN'T devalue so fast but the fact is, they have been. Hopefully his (and mine!) will be an exception to the rule.

For the record though I have yet to talk to a Harley owner that doesn't have a little fun at their own expense and some have flat out told me they'd take my bike in a heartbeat over their own and congratulated me on the smart choice. The reason they sell and resell like they do is because of the reputation of their community that a century of expert marketing created among other reasons. It certainly isn't because nobody puts down HDs.

As far as wanting "something" back, that's perfectly reasonable and nobody is expecting anyone to give their bike away. The thing is though, if you overpaid for your bike and spent a ton on accessories and mods you can't expect someone else to pay 90% or even 70% of what you did years later. It just doesn't work that way. It's too easy to find a $7500 bike and do all your own customizing the way you actually want it with that money. Let's face it,you CAN get RC Component rims and chrome covers and so forth for less then $9,500 and they'd be the exact ones you'd want. If you do great work and have plenty of custom one off bits and stuff on it then by all means you deserve the rewards, in the end it's all about what someone is willing to pay which brings me back full circle... I hope he gets his 17K from someone but I'm not seeing it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Mike! Perfect example walks right in... Your Raider is really nice and you've obviously put a lot into it right after you got it. The thing is though, the paint you picked, the particular covers you put on it, the grips and pegs as I recall... everything, was someone else's style, not mine. If you had done all those things exactly like I would have done them it would make one **** of a deal for ME but sadly, I'd rather buy a brand new one for more and then spend thousands like you had to making it my own. That's why you can't expect someone to pay so much for what you, as the seller, did. In Mike's case, he's adjusted the price to reflect this and if some guy comes along with the exact style and taste... oh man, he's got one REALLY sweet deal.

Asking 17K for aWarrior because it has RC Comp wheel sets and some chrome goodies though is basically asking me to pay for your customizing and still pay a hefty price for the bike even though I might want to change half the stuff already done to it. Sorry, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
361 Posts
YFM700R said:
I WONDER WHAT 2 OFFERS WERE DECLINED???

$1699.90 and 1699.95

"...over 5,000 in chrome accessories to much to list"

Better LIST... especially when all the photo's just highlight the wheels... $11,000 if I was feeling generous but like Marco pointed out... this one is not my style so whynot buy a new 2007 for $9,700 out the door and make my own? Oh wait, doing that already

·
Registered
361 Posts
PS.

DO NOT leave the computer while shopping EBayfor a fresh cup of coffee with two three year olds buzzing around the house..

They ended up buying me a set of LED turn signals

At least I was intending to actually buy those
but the 50 + alt+back had me worried

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
RobRiguez said:
good points Marco.
yes, marco makes a strong case here and while my previous post might have been a little smart$$ the fact is that hopefully in a fair market he'd be able to get his price or close to it, you cant expect people to pay full value on YOUR style and custom touchesbut to find a person who can apreciate what you've put in to it $$$$ wise and labor will usually get you close
it burdens my heart
to think that our beloved warriors dont bring anymore $$$ than they do

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mr Noize II said:
With all that invested in chrome and stuff, he should have spent a little on paint.
That too, but for cryin out loud, for $17k couldn't he at least have taken a couple of decent pictures of it?!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts