RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't realize how hard it was to find the 18mm allen wrench for the front axle ..... Wow I looked everywhere even a machine shop supply company .. Nobody had one ...NOBODY !!!! I just happened to mention this to a friend and he said he had one that he "borrowed" from a shop he used to work at .... Thank-god .... I took it home and painted it bright orange so I won't lose it .. I'm thinkin of getting it gold plated .... LOL Good luck if you guys need one ... [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
All you need to do is get the closest standard size bolt and 2 standard nuts, lock the 2 nuts together on the bolt and you have yourself a front axle remover tool for a couple of bucks$$....easy enough.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
quote:Originally posted by icepick

dam thats not what i need to hear. just ordered turn signal brackets from alanh for the front forks.

What does the front axle have got to do with front turn signal brackets?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The wrong end of a 3/4" cold chisel will work, some spark plug sockets have a 3/4 hex at the top. If Sears is near by, they will have a 3/4" allen wrench. your choice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Darkstar .... Wish I knew that 2 days ago .. Very good idea .. Guess I wasen't thinking .. I'm starting to take bike apart to paint and do alot of powercoating ... My sister married a guy who owns a powercoating company .. He said I can do what I want for free .. If I do the work on it .... O BOY !! O BOY !! ... Thanks again for the Idea on the axle ..

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Boy you lucky all I get to do is install roofs for my motherinlaw and pick up her trash[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]quote:Originally posted by 99prf

Thanks Darkstar .... Wish I knew that 2 days ago .. Very good idea .. Guess I wasen't thinking .. I'm starting to take bike apart to paint and do alot of powercoating ... My sister married a guy who owns a powercoating company .. He said I can do what I want for free .. If I do the work on it .... O BOY !! O BOY !! ... Thanks again for the Idea on the axle ..

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Bladerunr

The wrong end of a 3/4" cold chisel will work,

Exactly what I use.....fits like a glove....

·
Registered
881 Posts
The ratchet end of a 5/8" spark plug socket works like a charm. They have a 3/4" hex on the end so you can use a open end or box wrench.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I picked this axle tool up at my local dealer it fits on a 3/8" ratchet.

Insert Image:

34.44KB

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 99prf

I didn't realize how hard it was to find the 18mm allen wrench for the front axle .....

Maybe that's because it is 19mm. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Badger

quote:Originally posted by 99prf

I didn't realize how hard it was to find the 18mm allen wrench for the front axle .....

Maybe that's because it is 19mm. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that, I flip the plug socket but have a Snap-on allen socket @ work

1 - 19 of 19 Posts