RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to put my 7 degree trees on. i had a 21 inch wheel on my 05 but i always thought it was a little tall. has anyone ever seen a 19inch on the front of a warrior? i think an 18/19 combo would look good.

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
keep the 21 with the 7 degree trees and see how you like it before making any other changes. The 7 degree trees are going to lower the front of your bike and the 21 inch rim will help keep your frame parallel to the ground. I think you will like 21 with the 7 degree trees as the 7 degree trees usually have extended forks as well

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 21 on my 05 with the 7 degree trees and it did handle fine. I just thought it was a little big for the warrior. I thought maybe a 19 inch would look better.

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
well your 21 is probably a harely rim so if you go 19 you will probably go to a harley rim which will use the same spacers disc etc as the 21 so if you like it then you can keep it and sell the 21 and if you don't like it then you can keep the 21 and sell the 19. The sportster is the perfect bike for this as they came with both 19 and 21 inch rims so if your bike is set up for a harley 21 you should easily be able to change it to a 19

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Hey that looks awesome
How difficult was to make those wheels fit the warrior?.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Front wheel is allmost bolt on. I put inner tube to it. 22mm to 25mm. Brakes fit straight. Just spacers had to be made to axle

Rear wheel needed much more work.
New bearings 3x
Spacer for pulley cushion cup 14mm
New longer bolts for cushion cup
Older vrod cushion cup, this is taller than new style cup
Older vrod pulley that got widened 3mm to fit 1.5" belt
Ducati rear brake caliber, brembo 2 pot
Plasma cutted rear brake caliper holder
Spacers to axle for both sides
And offcourse modding swingarm to handle 8x18 240 rear wheel and rear pulley.

·
Premium Member
8,349 Posts
Ville ... you have a great looking ride (I spotted it on FB yesterday) and some well engineered MOD's. Very impressive IMO.

I'm curious what front forks are on your bike. The front fender looks like an RI but the calipers are Brembo I believe? Are the triple trees modified for the forks?

Again, very nicely executed MOD's :)

Front wheel is allmost bolt on. I put inner tube to it. 22mm to 25mm. Brakes fit straight. Just spacers had to be made to axle

New bearings 3x

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you 🙂

Forks are from 2003 r1 and fender too.
Brembo brakes are from bmw s1000rr radial calipers. They are mounted with radial to axial adapters. With Brembo rcs 19 front master cylinder. Stopping power is more than enough 😄
Tripletrees are only modded by cutting ignition switch off and little shaving and powdercoated to gloss black.

Ville ... you have a great looking ride (I spotted it on FB yesterday) and some well engineered MOD's. Very impressive IMO.

I'm curious what front forks are on your bike. The front fender looks like an RI but the calipers are Brembo I believe? Are the triple trees modified for the forks?

Again, very nicely executed MOD's /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

New bearings 3x

·
Premium Member
8,349 Posts
Thank you 🙂

Brembo brakes are from bmw s1000rr radial calipers. They are mounted with radial to axial adapters. With Brembo rcs 19 front master cylinder. Stopping power is more than enough 😄
Tripletrees are only modded by cutting ignition switch off and little shaving and powdercoated to gloss black.
You ought to put some current photos up in your profile/gallery for all to see!
You would have my vote for the next WOM if you had more posts ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Three days ago i had final parts fitted and was able to go driving. Had some issues with keyless ignition system becouse dpdt relays i used cant hold vibration that warrior creates at high rpms, so i took it off. Have to do that differently with automotive 5-pole relays. And other issue was starting the bike with dynatek fusion and today i finally have nice working bike 🙂 I take some pictures and video near future, new speedo is awesome 😄

Thank you 🙂

You ought to put some current photos up in your profile/gallery for all to see!
You would have my vote for the next WOM if you had more posts /forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes. Just need new axle spacers to center the wheel. Brakes fit straight. Vrod bearing are 25mm and warrior has 22mm. I couldnt find 52mm-22mm bearing so i just cutted 3mm tube, works great.
Would that wheel fit on the Stock Warrior
Forks?.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts