RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this may not be a big deal for most of you seasond veterans with mad mechanical abilitity, but for some-one with zilch experience/ability, i installed a bub megacone slip-on. The sound is a lot better than i expected, a loud deep roaring rumble..i set off one car alarm so far, we will see how it goes on the way to work at 0600. I get some backfiring on decel and once on accel, but i think an ECU/pcIII adjustment will take care of that. One thing that i did learn is that it ain't ever as easy as they say in the instructions, so i had a couple of difficulties, I had to take some wire mesh off the header pipe in order to make the muffler fit (That wasn't in the instructions...) i also had to put the bolt assembly on the reverse side because it wouldn't fit the other way. so after a day 1/2 of "labor" i finally got it on. Big thanks to member Patriotins, he gave me a good deal on the muffler and was very helpful in assisting a brotha. Came by the house and everything. Because of this initial project i think i've got the confidence to do other stuff. I got a fender eliminator kit, power commander, and VBAK on the way....we'll see if i'm over my head. Here's a of pic of my little deal.(I think..not sure if it will turn out).

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: 1st "MOD"

Don't forget to bump your ECU +1 or 2 on each cylinder. Most of your popping is actually coming form the SAIS. Once that's removed, it will be MUCH better.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This one too...

Cyberdon said:
Well this may not be a big deal for most of you seasond veterans with mad mechanical abilitity, but for some-one with zilch experience/ability, i installed a bub megacone slip-on. The sound is a lot better than i expected, a loud deep roaring rumble..i set off one car alarm so far, we will see how it goes on the way to work at 0600. I get some backfiring on decel and once on accel, but i think an ECU/pcIII adjustment will take care of that. One thing that i did learn is that it ain't ever as easy as they say in the instructions, so i had a couple of difficulties, I had to take some wire mesh off the header pipe in order to make the muffler fit (That wasn't in the instructions...) i also had to put the bolt assembly on the reverse side because it wouldn't fit the other way. so after a day 1/2 of "labor" i finally got it on. Big thanks to member Patriotins, he gave me a good deal on the muffler and was very helpful in assisting a brotha. Came by the house and everything. Because of this initial project i think i've got the confidence to do other stuff. I got a fender eliminator kit, power commander, and VBAK on the way....we'll see if i'm over my head. Here's a of pic of my little deal.(I think..not sure if it will turn out).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Great job! Sounds like the "near future" mods will be fun as well. I did the DIY BAK which was the most difficult mod to date. I believe the VBAK comes with instructions and Woody's # if you need help. You might as well do the whole, AIS, VBAK, and PCIII at the same time. You would need to take it all apart again if you didn't do it all at once. Have fun Bro!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts

Congrats on the mod!! Just so you know - its addictive!!!!! If you haven't ordered a BAK yet - check in with Woody and his VBAK - I did it couple weeks ago - Time well spent (instructions were great) plus the gains
even made the exhaust sound better - I don't think the neighbors are impresses though lol

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yeah i got that, and the PCIII on the way, I can't WAIT to see what the difference is from stock. I think i'll be grinning permanently!

Arkansas Warrior said:
Congrats on the mod!!  Just so you know - its addictive!!!!! If you haven't ordered a BAK yet - check in with Woody and his VBAK - I did it couple weeks ago - Time well spent (instructions were great) plus the gains
even made the exhaust sound better  - I don't think the neighbors are impresses though lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts