RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st Oil Change went off without a hitch. I dont know what everyone was talking about with the crankcase drain bolt being a biatch. I had no problems. To compensate for the little room under the bike I just had the wifey hold it over a little bit to the right which gave me just enough clearance for the wrench. I did tell her that if she dropped it that she better be under it. All in all very easy. 4.75 qts.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
For all the FiVe quart boys here...

First: Let yer bike idle on the side stand for a minute, kill it then check the oil with the bike held upright.

Next: Fire it upand let it idle, this time holding the bike upright as you kill the engine, and check the oil with the bike held upright.

Report: Back to us if you get different readings and I'll tell you the secret

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bladerunr said:

First: Let yer bike idle on the side stand for a minute, kill it then check the oil with the bike held upright.

Next: Fire it upand let it idle, this time holding the bike upright as you kill the engine, and check the oil with the bike held upright.

After I get back from a little ride today I will try this method and let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pretty interesting video.

I have to change oil on my bike (first time 2), I looked around forum but all photos pointing to the right areas are gone.

Can someone post photos of oil drain bolts location, and photo of transfer case drain bolt.

thx

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bladerunr said:

Just got back checked the oil and after checking it this way it is a little over...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure if this happens with the warrior (not smart enough to know about the oilresevoir design of the semi-dry system) but in many cars there can be a bad side effect with too much oil. Where the crank comes very close to the top of the oil pan, too much oil will be stirred up and "frothed" by the spinning crank- adding a lot of air into the oil and potentially into the oil lines creating uneven oil flow/ pressure. I have found this onjapanese 4 bangers I have owned or known.

Having said that, there seem to be plenty of guys running 5 whole quarts with no problems- others have found it spits oil through the breather with 5 whole quarts.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I think the difference between the 4.5/5 quart guy is the amount of oil you get out. If you let it sit there until it stops dripping you can put 5 quarts in it that is if you take out all three drain plugs. According to the manual a warrior will hold 5.3 quarts of oil when it is dry. I just changed mind and it held 5 quarts with out a problem.

I forgot to mention that have an indigo colored 02 they have the bigger more powerful motor that require extra oil. I changed my oil last night and it held 5 quarts with no problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts