RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add another trophy to our Warrior family. State Championship was held in Bell Buckle TN. today. I had tied with a V-star 650, very nice bike decked out head to toe. After the re-judge I took first but then it put her in a tie with another bike and they rejudged again, giving her 2nd place. Its the bike just past mine in this pic.

·
Registered
926 Posts
congrats.... not a big accomplishment since warriors always win. Try winningwith a stock BKing, that would be something.
JK.... great lookin bike.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Scott Where's the PIC? and looks like that Betts Paint job is a WINNER for sure! Guess I'm gonna have to move to Tenn. to give you some comp! LOL! CONGRATS WELL DONE!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Congrats!!! I think I've seen her VStar around before (I know I've seen the paint) and next to yours it's no contest in my book.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Congrats man! I can't see a pic either. I've got another show tomorrow so maybe some of your goodfortune will rub off on me.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It looks awesome man. This is definately one of the bike on the forum I would like to see in person some day. Do they usually have a pretty good turnout at the shows you go to. Most of the ones out here are a bust. There are alot of nice bikes around but no one seems to be into it. I have been to three so far and the first two I left after about an hour due to lack of competition. (No other bikes showed up). The last one I went to was the only one that several did but there were no other Metrics. They ended up throwing us all in the same catagory because I was going to shag a$$ if I had to be in a catagory by myself. I'm not trying to thread hijack I was just curious of your experiences.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one didnt have as many bikes but the quility went up quite a bit. I'm used to having around 8 or more in my class but the Harleys may have 10 to 15 in a class. I'm going to post up some more pic's of some of the better bikes in my class. The black Suzuki is the one I lost to at the Harley show but he was in another class this time since his front includes a custom machined wheel and forks. He won first again since he was the only one in his class. Now at the Spring Thaw they put Brit. metrics in with us since we had only 5 bikes in our class and they had 3. Wasnt fair for them since I took 1st, a Road Star 2nd and a VTX took 3rd.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/independent_lemming_2008/

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Most of the ones I have been too have either, harley-metric-sport catagories, or cruiser-custom-sport catagories. I have contemplated entering it in the custom catagory seeing how in my opinion it is more "custom" than the big dog and big bear choppers that are always entered in that catagory. Everybody seems to love those things though and aren't going to vote for my "true custom" over those factory buit choppers. I have stuck to the criser catagory so far but may try it in a custom class sometime.

Do you have a bigger one to do now that you have won state or is that the top of the ladder?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TBH I dont know how Bell Buckle is the State Championship but thats what it is listed as

Only limited by how far you wont to travel as far as the next show. Its more that you move to the next level of events, Easy Rider, Vegas Annual, Sturgis but then you jump into a whole other world where its not real (as in 100k bikes that cant be ridden and such). My next ones will be Hog Fest in Pelam, Smartt-Scooters in Smartt and then Chattanooga Bike Days. Thats about it till fall. Jack Daniels isnt having a bike show this year, that would have been some good bikes to go up against.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Washingtonwarrior said:
Congrats again Scott, nice win. This is beginning to look like a habit for ya, good for you!
Sent you an email this morning Dennis or tried to, went by memory on your address. Do you still have a little of the Candy Red left? I'm torn between painting my new 260 arm or using my new chrome 280, but either way I need to get me a fender and if you still have the match on paint sending it to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts