RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st thought."Man, this thing pulls hard and is a blast to ride!" 2nd thought. "Man, this seat sucks @ss!" After only a 15 mile ride into Tampa, I was already hating the stock seat.

Enough about that. The one thing this bike reminds me of is my old TL1000S. It was geared too tall. Same with this bike. I switched out sprockets on my TL, I would like to put a smaller front, or bigger rear on this. Any decent ones out there? This would be my 1st belt drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! I bought my first Warrior, I say first because there will be more, in March. I had the same reaction with the seat. There are several options that you can do for the seat. I'm 6'1 and I like to set low "in" the bike, so I modified my stock seat myself to save some cash. From what I've been hearing, Corbin is the best seat to go with.

Good luck and safe riding!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. As far as the gearing goes, you can change out the front pulley. Keep in mind that these bikes have a built in safety setting until they break in and won't pull as hard when you first start riding them. If you do a search on VBAK (velocity big air kits), ECU bumps, and pipes, you will see that thereare a lotof performance gains with just a few simple mods. Since you are in FL, might see which other members are in your area and see what they have done to their bikes.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
man you need a corbin seat, trust me when i tell you , i couldnt ride 30 miles with out my butt burning up
i got the "young guns" with a little bit shaved out of the pan (which also allows me to sit a little lower on the bike) i can ride from jax. to miami now and the only reason for stopping would be to fill the gas tank

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
kickice24 said:
1st thought."Man, this thing pulls hard and is a blast to ride!" 2nd thought. "Man, this seat sucks @ss!" After only a 15 mile ride into Tampa, I was already hating the stock seat.

Enough about that. The one thing this bike reminds me of is my old TL1000S. It was geared too tall. Same with this bike. I switched out sprockets on my TL, I would like to put a smaller front, or bigger rear on this. Any decent ones out there? This would be my 1st belt drive.

Welcome to the site. I have an 08, exactly like yours. I hate my stock seat too, it kills my back bone. Take it easy on the first 600 mi. I rode mine like normal and took it up to red line a few times. Have fun, I know I do. (except for my oil leak)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Jacob said:
 Congrats!  I bought my first Warrior, I say first because there will be more, in March. I had the same reaction with the seat. There are several options that you can do for the seat. I'm 6'1 and I like to set low "in" the bike, so I modified my stock seat myself to save some cash.
Ditto. Two bicycle gel seats from Walmart under the vinyl cover did the trick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Saddlebag,

More info on the gel seats. Can you tell their under the seat? Any pictures available.

Take care

Mark Graham

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I own an 08 too. The break in peroid is 600 miles. During this peroid you can ride it normally, just don't hold it at high rpms for any peroid of time. You can run it up to red line, but then back off. Don't hold it there. Get what I'm saying? After the 600 miles is up, you'll need to change your oil and transfer case fluid. Search the forum for tips on this. If you have the stock exhaust it will need to be removed completely to change the transfer case fluid unless you can fabricate a special tool to get at the fill plug behind the exhaust. Good luck, keep the rubber side down, and enjoy the wealth of information that is presented here.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the family. First, unless you bought the bike because of the water heater (stock muffler), toss it and get some pipes second, get a BAK (Big Air Kit).Third, either bump the ECU or get the Power commander (I am waiting for Obama to get me one). These will increase the fun factor. As for the gearing, I love the stock gearing. 80MPH @ 3K RPM, sits right in that sweet spot of the power. Enjoy the bike and make it yours.

Bob

·
Registered
999 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Only two things to watch out for 1-- Mod bug, it bites hard, and 2- Tickets come easy on this bike. For some reasom the beast just wants to run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts