RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,
I currently run a set of Samsom shoguns (shortys)and I am thinking of going 2into1, I read somewhere that there is a pipe that makes these bikes sound like a friggin Nascar bike. Anyone have any comments on pipes for me. My bike has a PR 108 kit, a BAK naturally with a PCIII 31 tooth pulley and I think I'll get more ass out of this beast with a 2 into 1 pipe, what do you all think?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
only pipe that make it sound like nascar is the rineharts exhaust but they are 2-2. I've heard they are currently working on 2-1 exhaust for metric bikes. the king of 2-1 is the V&H propipe and Muzzys.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
If you like the looks of duals try the V&H Big Shots. They have a crossover making them a 2-1-2. The torque from them is just a hair less than the ProPipe.

·
Registered
152 Posts
There's also the Hard Krome Side Burner and Xccelerator.

http://www.hardkrome.com/Metric/Metricproducts.asp?BrandID=2&Model=Road+Star+Warrior&Submit=Go

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I agree with Scubasoul, 2 into 1 for performance and I think looks to. I run the V&H Propipe but I have put a V&H SS2R carbon fibre muffler on and it gets a real LOW rumble through town, but when you squirt it, it JUST GROWLS.
I'm not a big fan of the dual pipes with a xover pipe, as I don't think that they get enough slave of off each other to be competative (that is the cylinders)to reach peak performance. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've read several posts about the S* sounding like that. I have the S*, but think it sounds more like a musclecar with Flowmaster 40's.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I've heard the Pro-pipe is the 'best' pipe but I don't like how it looks. I like the *2-1-2 but I think it pushes the torque peak up to a higher rpm--not what I'm looking for. The Rineharts look good and seem to produce good power but scrape very easily. Ya pays ya money and takes ya choice!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definately go with the 2-1 setup. I had samson ground pounders on my bike and they robbed me blind of hp. i went from 76hp(with samson) to 93 hp (with v&h propipe.) i can post my dyno sheet if you want. better yet check this thread out.

http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37423

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
If you like the performance of a 2 into 1 but the look of a 2 into 2 there is no option but the bigshots. There are some of us that remember that the propipe came out fairly quickly (relativly speaking compared to the bigshot) with the release of the warrior. The bigshots spent a ton of time in R&D with vance and hines trying to get it right, make no mistake it is a performance pipe and the difference in performace compared to the propipe is negligable, it's more a matter of choice of style. My bike is making 136 foot pounds of torque with the bigshots getting 110 at 2.6 k and peaking at 3.8k, back to 110 at redline. If the bigshots moved my peak torque up to 3.8k, I'd hate to see where it would be without them. I snap belts easy enough as it is.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The major 2-1 pipes are prob going to give the best performance: Propipe, Speedstar, Bigshots... I had the S* pipe and I loved both the looks and the sound. It was subdued at idle but very growly-howly when opened up.

I subsequently went to the Rineharts 2-2 becasue of wanting to mount bags. The 2-1 pipes ride up higher which is great for cornering, but not so great for bags. From everything I could read and find out, the Rineharts (with baffles) produced the best power of any 2-2 setup - still not as good as the 2-1 pipes, but good, nonetheless.

The differences between the various quality 2-1 pipes are really negligible and probably vary depending on the individual pipe more than by brand. I would pick the one I liked the looks of best, as they all sound similar (IMHO) - quieter than the 2-2's but stil la lot louder than stock. Not quite as "hammering" of a sound as the 2-2's.

JT

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rineharts, unless your going to race from location to location every time you ride. I am not trying to pick on the 2-1 guys but I can't imagine needing the extra little bit of power that often. If its the cool sound you want the Rineharts are the pipes to get. Just my .02

·
Registered
12 Posts
I haven't heard anyone mention the D&D slip-on. I know it is just a slip on but if anyone has any comments I would like to hear them. I really like the looks of it but I haven't heard anything about performance.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I wouldn't expect "performance" w/ any of the slip-ons. they are mainly for looks. I've had a roadhouse slip-on w/ performance baffle and the increase in hp/tq is really negligible but the sound is unmistakably unique. With a V-BAK, Rineharts, and host of other minor upgrades like krankvent and new coils, I've gained 4hp/13tq total w/ a help of a custom map. My dyno chart shows my peak hp/tq both kicks in at 3200-3400 RPM and starts the down slope really slowly which is just perfect IMHO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone heard what kind of performance the new 2 to 1 pipe from Pacific Coast Star will offer? I guess they are close to a delivery date and are actually taking orders... Best, Rich

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a PCS Monster Pro pipe on my V-Star 1100. The performance gains were impressive, and the sound was absolutely beautiful - if you like loud. I had the "race baffle" which is basically a venturi shaped baffle - pretty much wide open.

HOWEVER - be warned that I had finish problems and the exhaust began to rust. Had them re-coated by Performance Coatings and was OK for a few months. Then it happened again.

Oh yeah - Thought I should mention they are single wall pipes. Get very hot, but cool down quickly.

Bottom line - great power and sound, but if I still had my 1100, I wouldn't buy another set.

quote:Originally posted by KCJr54

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/monster_pro.htm

Seems as though they have been released....anybody heard anything about them!? I would be really interested in seeing how the perform.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts