RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know when I was pondering the move to a 210, it was hard to find pics showing the difference between a 200 vs 210. So while thumbing through some old pics today I decided I'd post them here to help out future debaters. Also I added the pics Sangathor posted back in '04 that helped me out (hope you don't mind). So I hope this helps ya'll out.

Oh and this should help also..... best $ for 210... www.Denniskirk.com

P.S. I love the 210!!!

Factory 200

Metzler 210 with the remains of the 200 on the plate lol

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I also like the 210 - but I'd point out that you'll get less then 5000 miles out of it. Since it's a tad too wide for the stock rim, it crowns out a little, resulting in very rapid wear. You'll get this flat spot right down the middle.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true,but the look out-weighs the lower milage.

I'm thinking next year widen my wheel by a 1/2" for the proper fit. Don't have the $$ to get a 240 kit, just a few hundred to widen the wheel. And this will keep it a 17" (I like the 17" look)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dude! Save up and go 240! You won't be sorry. Black powder coat rims look sick on a Midnight with a 240! SEE!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm still running the stock tire on mine. About 1200 miles. It's put away for the winter, so I'll probably get at least another season out of it, but when it's time for a new tire, I'll definetley go for a 210. I don't think I'll have the money for new wheels so a 240 will be out of the question. But the 210 is defienetly a step up and makes a world of difference. Thanks for the pics. Who whould've thought 10mm would have made such a difference.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ruckus: You my friend have one badass bike there. Unfortunately the wife will NEVER give the ok to spend that kind of $ for a wide kit. I couldn't even talk her into letting me black out the red stripe on the wheels lol. She says it's her bike too haha. But... I do have a chance to spenda few hundred to widen the rear for a xmas present (and that would eliminate the red on the wheel
hehe)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I agree that it makes a huge difference in appearance. When I park next to Blackjack, especially with the tricky down, it looks phat as ****. The wear debate remains to be seen with me. I put between 3 & 5 hundred miles a week on the beast. The Bridgestone & Dunlop both worein the middle. I've got about a 80/20 ratio as far as straights & twisties in my normal daily rides. 1500 miles on the Metz & it still looks brand new.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There is not much to debate when my wife riding her warrior got 1700 miles out of the 210. Knowing how she rides and how I ride, if it were me, it would have had a hard time passing 500 miles. That tire is a joke and got less mileage than my Pilotpowers on a track day.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
RhatPhlegm said:
I also like the 210 - but I'd point out that you'll get less then 5000 miles out of it. Since it's a tad too wide for the stock rim, it crowns out a little, resulting in very rapid wear. You'll get this flat spot right down the middle.
+1
however i think 5000 miles on a 210 is a little bit of a stretch
the only time i've seen a 210 log more than 3000 miles was in the back of a pickup
like others have said, if ya wanna go fat then do it right and go for a 240 atleast, the 210 is kinda of a "wanna be" fat a$$

·
Registered
429 Posts
southboundchicken said:
RhatPhlegm said:
+1
the only time i've seen a 210 log more than 3000 miles was in the back of a pickup
like others have said, if ya wanna go fat then do it right and go for a 240 atleast, the 210 is kinda of a "wanna be" fat a$$

A 210 is a wanna be fat a$$ as much as a 240 is a wanna be Asphalt Roller.I will call U the next time I need some paving done.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
southboundchicken said:
RhatPhlegm said:
+1

Heh heh! I was trying to be nice! Hence the "less then" part.

I'd also point out that a 240 will get considerably MORE mileage then a stock 200. Economically a good reason for a 240+ if you do a lot of riding. I think it really would pay for itself eventually...

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
warriordude said:
southboundchicken said:
RhatPhlegm said:
+1

A 210 is a wanna be fat a$$ as much as a 240 is a wanna be Asphalt Roller.I will call U the next time I need some paving done.
hey if i offended or hurt anyones feelings let me take this opprotunity to apologize
it was actually my bike that told me to say that, it has total control of me when i'm on this site

·
Administrator
29,671 Posts
The 210 is .39" wider than the 200's and likes a 6.5" wide rim. If mountedon a too-narrow (6") rim it isn't certified for z-rating. I noticed theAV56 Avon Storm ST is actually 204mm wide and likes a6" rim. I figured the other.23" difference wasn't worthy of the reduced mileage cost of the 210, and frankly the hassle of changing rear tires more often. The special Avon compounds are proving themselves. Even a 1300 mile freeway run hasn't flattened the center. My Dunnies were flat-centered on the way home from installing them. Neither the 200 or 204 or 210 are wide enough for the fender, which is why I'm hanging in there for a 260.

Avon Storm ST AV56 200/50ZR17 (added 7-24-08)
. Tire Width: 8.03" (204MM)
. Tire Diameter: 24.80"
. Tread Depth: 15/32
. Rim Range: 6" TO 6.5"
. Capacity: 853#
. Weight of Tire: 15#

BTW if helpfulleast one post here someplace that has a 200 and210 side-by-side which is handy since the bike further away from the camera lens always looks smaller, tire width included. Most of the visual difference in width is the dirt spot down the center.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
FYI www.swmototires.com has the 210 for $178.95 and it's free shipping if you buy the pair. I've gone to the Dunlop Roadsmart 190 since that's the widest so far available. I love it so far......but it sure looks narrow:{:{

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arizona Warrior said:
BTW if helpfulleast one post here someplace that has a 200 and210 side-by-side which is handy since the bike further away from the camera lens always looks smaller, tire width included.

True, though the pic of my 200 is actually ahair closer than the pic of the 210. The dirt spot on my 200 is wider cause I had rode up and down the cultisac testing the plate bracket clearance so with all the turns it made the dirt line wider than usual.

I really like my dream of widening my wheel a 1/2" to properly fit the 210. Has anyone here done this?

FYI: Denniskirk will beat any price by a for any product by a $1. All you gotta do is give them the URL so they can verify.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll take the 210 anyday. After a 1000 miles and a burnout or two I'm still not seein this flat spot. The original bridgestones kept slidin me all over the place when the road had grooves or was rough. I don't get that anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
imevh2 said:
I'll take the 210 anyday. After a 1000 miles and a burnout or two I'm still not seein this flat spot. The original bridgestones kept slidin me all over the place when the road had grooves or was rough. I don't get that anymore.
This is what it will look like before 3000 or 4000 miles
... The 210 preferred rim widthis6.50" (Warrior 6.00")per Metzler which explains the flat spot as discussed by RhatPhlegm...

·
Administrator
29,671 Posts
wyomingwarrior said:
I really like my dream of widening my wheel a 1/2" to properly fit the 210. Has anyone here done this?

Check here: Wheel - Widening: http://www.kosman.net/ You will also need to have the rim chromed or re-powder coated (clear or black depending on what it is now). Let me know what you learn, okay?

Also check here: http://www.gatewayxtreme.com/210tireconversion.htm (I don't know if he does Warrior wheels)

When the 210 sits on a 6.5" rim it'll berounded, and so may then appear about the same as the AV56 or even the stock 200.

wyomingwarrior said:
True, though the pic of my 200 is actually ahair closer than the pic of the 210. The dirt spot on my 200 is wider cause I had rode up and down the cultisac testing the plate bracket clearance so with all the turns it made the dirt line wider than usual.

Iguess I just had the impression because the pic on the right (210) is too close to the lensto capture the whole tire.

Here, lemme mess with your mind some . . .

http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/26626.aspx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts