RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, due to this projest, Ive been looking for all information available. Due to circumstances that in no way could have been forseen. about 5 and a half years ago I put my bike in the garage on a Sunday, and went to work the next day, long story short I was in the hospital for a long time, rehab and all that...bike just sat and sat, until now. I pulled it out and have it in my house ready to get it going. Hope yall can help.
I live in rural Oklahoma, so garage is dusty. Bike was uncovered. Gas was in tank. just like anyone would leave it until next weekend. Do I need to go through the fuel injection system? i know I need tires and oil but the more technical side I need all yall. any input will be appreciated
Thanks,
Christopher

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I would drain the gas and replace with fresh fuel. I usually run some Seafoam and Berryman's B-12 in the fresh fuel of bikes that have sat a long time to help clean things out. Remember that the Warrior has 2 fuel tanks, so you will want to drain the reserve tank as well. That isn't as easy to do as the main tank, but you really don't want to run that old fuel.

Other than the fuel, probably a battery, and the checks arizonawarrior posted, I imagine you won't have many problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts