RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just baught an '02 myself 2 weeks ago!
I had a GPZ 1100 about 7 years ago and had not ridden since.
You will love the bike.
It is the best thing I have done in years, picking that bike up.
It makes me smile.
Don't be afraid of the jump in CCs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you end up buying the warrior? I have one and if a gal can do it, so can you! right boys????!!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by ricks

Hello, I am thinking of getting a 2002 warrior with 10,000 miles on it? I currently ride a vstar 650, is the warrior going to be too much bike for me? I sat on it and it felt good and sounds great. they are asking 7500 is that too much? Help me out on if this is too much of a jump from a 650cc and a good price

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whoa, I'm thinking a big negative on that without many mods. You can find warriors all day long on cycletrader.com for about the same price without that many miles. That just seems really high bro. Granted, I haven't even bought one yet, I've been looking around for the last month. Just wish I didn't have a bike back home I have to get rid of before I can get the warrior. I wish to god I had one waiting for me when I get home from my deployment. But oh well.

If you love the bike, and feel comfortable on it... Get it! Just be good to her at first and she'll be good to you. That's from my experience in the past.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
You should be just fine as far as jumping up to the bigger bike. $6500-6750 would be more like it if it was stock! It all depends on the mods and the bling!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I went from a V-Star 650 to a warrior and I found that although the warrior had way more power and torque it was actually easier to ride. 7500 sounds a little pricey for an 02.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
My '03 has 12,000 miles and a few mods. Nothing internal yet. Just a windshield, seat, handgrips, footpegs, pipes, PCIII, mirrors and lower cowl and a dealer just offered me $7500 for it if I wanted to trade. Retail according to his book was $8,100.00.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts