RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I recently bought a 2002 warrior. Rode it a few times love the bike. Long story short went on vacation come back and mice had chewed up the wires under the seat, sucks big time. repaired all the wires but it still doesn't start, It will crank but the fuel pump and injectors will not come on. Did a self diag on it and it shows fault codes 15 19 20 and they wont clear out. Could it have a bad ecu causing all these problems? Bike ran perfect before the mice attack. only has 19000 miles. Im just about to the point of parting it out or selling as a hole bike! Any help would be appreciated thanks Wayne
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello
I recently bought a 2002 warrior. Rode it a few times love the bike. Long story short went on vacation come back and mice had chewed up the wires under the seat, sucks big time. repaired all the wires but it still doesn't start, It will crank but the fuel pump and injectors will not come on. Did a self diag on it and it shows fault codes 15 19 20 and they wont clear out. Could it have a bad ecu causing all these problems? Bike ran perfect before the mice attack. only has 19000 miles. Im just about to the point of parting it out or selling as a hole bike! Any help would be appreciated thanks Wayne View attachment 253928 View attachment 253928 View attachment 253928

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Okay let's check the fuel injection / start logic relay. It's under the seat in the relay well. I'll get instructions for you to access it simply. While in there go ahead and unplug/clean/replug all relays.

Also gently gently gently inspect the electrical plug on top of the fuel pump. Don't try to disconnect it yet. Also leave all the hoses alone, no contact with them. More on that later.

Go here to download the pdf for accessing the denso flasher. The relay you want to inspect is the one pictured next to it.

So do these couple of checks. I'm assuming you have checked all fuses. After that, tell us exactly what you see and hear when the handlebar switch is set to run and you then turn the key to on. Also then tell us what you see and hear when you leave the key on and turn the handlebar switch to off.

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Like I told a previous member having problems with his bike who went and purchased another ECU.......the ECU's in the Warrior are pretty stout and they are hardly ever and I mean ever the culprit. So mice did you dirty???
Maybe a picture of what they chewed up? What was fixed? Could any of the plugs have become de-pinned?
Unfortunately with electrical work and wiring it takes a good eye, patience and just going over each wire/connector one by one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay let's check the fuel injection / start logic relay. It's under the seat in the relay well. I'll get instructions for you to access it simply. While in there go ahead and unplug/clean/replug all relays.

Also gently gently gently inspect the electrical plug on top of the fuel pump. Don't try to disconnect it yet. Also leave all the hoses alone, no contact with them. More on that later.

Go here to download the pdf for accessing the denso flasher. The relay you want to inspect is the one pictured next to it.

So do these couple of checks. I'm assuming you have checked all fuses. After that, tell us exactly what you see and hear when the handlebar switch is set to run and you then turn the key to on. Also then tell us what you see and hear when you leave the key on and turn the handlebar switch to off.
Thanks for getting back with me it will be monday before I can get this done I will let you know what I find. thanks agian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ok unplugged and cleaned all relays they all looked good. Turned key on and turned switch off and back on relay clicks. Thats the only sound it makes.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Okay so no gauge lights or error codes display.

Does the starter relay (which has two 30a fuses one of which is a spare) click just once, or does it rattle?

Also, closing the loop from my earlier suggestion, nothing observed for on or off:
"So do these couple of checks. I'm assuming you have checked all fuses. After that, tell us exactly what you see and hear when the handlebar switch is set to run and you then turn the key to on. Also then tell us what you see and hear when you leave the key on and turn the handlebar switch to off."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the key on and switching the on off switch back and forth the relay clicks. The starter relay doesn't do anything while using the on off switch but does click just once when hitting the start button.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay so no gauge lights or error codes display.

Does the starter relay (which has two 30a fuses one of which is a spare) click just once, or does it rattle?

Also, closing the loop from my earlier suggestion, nothing observed for on or off:
"So do these couple of checks. I'm assuming you have checked all fuses. After that, tell us exactly what you see and hear when the handlebar switch is set to run and you then turn the key to on. Also then tell us what you see and hear when you leave the key on and turn the handlebar switch to off."
The bike will crank over. No error codes or gauge lites

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
I should have mentioned that if you turn the bike off with the key then gauge power is lost so no code display. In order to see codes, turn off with handlebar on-off switch.

I'm not being a pita, just taking things out of the mix. You are our eyes and ears, we are not there :)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
Okay. Page 6-7 highlights error codes you mentioned and none are ECU itself.

As you know because you have the ecopy manual, 15 is TPS or wire, 19 is the side stand switch or wire, and 20 is an air sensor wire (atmospheric or intake jug1 or intake jug2. I've been presuming you have inspected these wires already. From your brief answers I'm not feeling a partnership here. I've re-read every post here and I still don't know anything more. If you post a mess of videos to YouTube some of the guys here might jump-in. I'm retiring so there isn't enough time to beg for participation. From your posts, all your answers are in mouse-bites, I'm not there to see, I'm not getting answers or participation, so I'm stepping back. Some of the other guys might have more time and luck. Be well.

I suggest you test that relay on the rack next to the flasher. It probably has a bad diode. Lots of ink here for the test.

I suggest you test that same relay for its start control logic side.

Other than that, it could be handy to tell the others here how you know the injectors and fuel pump do not come on. Plus communicate point by point your observed results to build the road map to what's next.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay. Page 6-7 highlights error codes you mentioned and none are ECU itself.

As you know because you have the ecopy manual, 15 is TPS or wire, 19 is the side stand switch or wire, and 20 is an air sensor wire (atmospheric or intake jug1 or intake jug2. I've been presuming you have inspected these wires already. From your brief answers I'm not feeling a partnership here. I've re-read every post here and I still don't know anything more. If you post a mess of videos to YouTube some of the guys here might jump-in. I'm retiring so there isn't enough time to beg for participation. From your posts, all your answers are in mouse-bites, I'm not there to see, I'm not getting answers or participation, so I'm stepping back. Some of the other guys might have more time and luck. Be well.

I suggest you test that relay on the rack next to the flasher. It probably has a bad diode. Lots of ink here for the test.

I suggest you test that same relay for its start control logic side.

Other than that, it could be handy to tell the others here how you know the injectors and fuel pump do not come on. Plus communicate point by point your observed results to build the road map to what's next.
Sorry for the confusion and taking so long to respond I work crazy hours. Yes I'm aware of the fault codes and what they are and have inspected and repaired the wires still have same codes. And to answer your question about if it showed any codes with key on and using the on off switch there isn't any showing and no warning lights. The way I know the fuel pump is not coming on is it doesn't make any noise when I turn the key on like it used to before the mice attack. The relay you told me to ck with the on and off switch with key on just clicks and thats all it does nothing else happens. I would still like your help if maybe we could talk on the phone 1 on 1 we could clear up the confusion thanks agian for your help. I will be available for the next few days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having the same problem. Replaced the fuel relay, and the pump in the module. Relay clicks like it should, but no pump activation. Dash lights, and gauges work. Starter works, turns engine over, so that relay is good. All fuses are good.
Bike was running one night, next morning had no fuel pump activation, for no apparent reason.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
The Lean Angle Sensor (LAS) needs to be looked into. It's job is to shut-off the fuel pump in the event of overturn. Tap tap tap with a screwdriver handle to loosen the internal pendulum. Check plugs etc for corrosion. If it looks good visually then see the test in the free e-copy service manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Lean Angle Sensor (LAS) needs to be looked into. It's job is to shut-off the fuel pump in the event of overturn. Tap tap tap with a screwdriver handle to loosen the internal pendulum. Check plugs etc for corrosion. If it looks good visually then see the test in the free e-copy service manual.
How would the lean angle sensor be triggered, when the bike wasn't dropped? It's something to check, but the bike just sat over night on the kickstand.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
It's known to get sticky over time. Sometime it just jams. Lots of ink here over the years for more info, do a search. It's located behind the kick stand. Simple to give it a few taps, almost as simple to check the plug. Up to you. Later.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts