RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did someone happen to pinpoint this problem ??? Happened to me last night ran good parked it in garage overnight ....... bike isturning over but seems to be no power to power commander or fuel pump...a single click from starter relay but nothing else .... ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I found a brown wire with black stripe burnt in half in the cluster of wires running to the relay that is mounted next to the signal relay underneath the seat... hope this helps in some way by just saying make sure u inspect every connection/wire all the way through

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,836 Posts
That brown/black comes off your 15a Fuel Injection fuse. The wire is on the relay's switched side. When the relay's internal switch is 'on' the power passes through to the red/blue wire to the fuel pump.

First thing you need is to trace those wires end-to-end with a meter to ensure a completed circuit exists, or does not. Check for more damage.

Then check the 15a fuse. Leave the fuse out.

Then remove the FI relay and disconnect:
02-03 are 5PX-81950-00-00
04+ are 5PX-81950-30-00

For 02-03: (I forget if the 04+ wire colors differ)
Test the prongs for brown-black to red blue.
Test the prongs for black-red to blue-red.
Look at the color wiring diagram for info. We don't care if the internal switch on the brown wire works, but you can test-energize the relay side if you are savvy.

Write down findings (power or no power). Get your 12v off the battery positive. Use a meter or a 12v incandescent test light. Test and let us know.

No matter how these two Tests come out, you probably need a new relay because a diode inside is likely burned. But Test first in case anything else is learned.

Don't restore power until we know why the wire burned.

·
Premium Member
8,980 Posts
Did someone happen to pinpoint this problem ??? Happened to me last night ran good parked it in garage overnight ....... bike isturning over but seems to be no power to power commander or fuel pump...a single click from starter relay but nothing else .... ??
So I found a brown wire with black stripe burnt in half in the cluster of wires running to the relay that is mounted next to the signal relay underneath the seat... hope this helps in some way by just saying make sure u inspect every connection/wire all the way through
@02 1700 warrior ... Excellent trouble shooting.
This is NOT an uncommon occurrence with the Road* Warrior and explains why the FI Pump & Injectors weren't operating ;) .
The single Click you reported hearing (If during Key-On) is the Start Circuit Relay Coil within the Relay Unit.
You'll want to validate the 15A FI Fuse though I suspect it's probably fine as the severed wire is from vibration and interference imho.

The fact that the Starter Motor turns over when you operate the Starter PB indicates that the Pre-Start Warrior interlocks are operating properly so no issues with the Logic Diodes that form this simple but clever circuit.

Be aware that the troubleshooting procedure for the Logic Diodes included in the Relay Unit is not correct as outlined in the YFSM. The Polarity is contrary/opposite to what's stated.
The corrected procedure is outlined in my hosted file within my signature.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts