RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of folks saying the 02 warriors are the best... i'm looking to buy either new or used i havent decided yet, but why is it that i keep hearing people say the 02 is the best? is there a reason or just a good year or what?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think you'll find the ones that say '02s are the best, happen to own '02s. Everyone knows '04 was the BEST year[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][|)]

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
An '02 is best if it has NOT had the circlip recall performed yet. If not - you get free labor on an engine/transmission tear down - IE a good time for HC pistons and a RS 5th gear at cost.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
'02 is the best, because it's the original warrior. Every thing else is just a poor copy. lmao

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Dice

'02 is the best, because it's the original warrior. Every thing else is just a poor copy. lmao

+1[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
OOps, Mike opened the Door!
Imperial RED '02 is the fastest..lol
The newer bikes have some refinements made to them over the '02's but I have an '02 and wouldnt trade it for a newer one unless it died and only after a proper time too morn its passing.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
The newer Warriors have a variety of improvements on the original model so how anyone comes to the conclusion that the '02s are best' defeats me. As Ratphlem says, the 02/03 needed an engine teardown for recall work so that is not in the 02s favour (unless as he says, you intend to upgrade the engine internals while the recall work is being done). Similarly the 02/03 seat was pretty crap too with the passenger pegs being far too high. The 02 also required recall work to the fuel tank (not required from 03 on) and CPS & TPS recalls (four Recalls in total, three for the 03 models and two for the later years ).

Here's a list of the different Warrior years and enhancements/improvements made: http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=27

If you look at each year in turn from 2002 up, you'll see that the majority of changes over the years have been for either comfort or cosmetic purposes with some minor changes to the front brakes and rear suspension. The engine & chassis remains the same throughout.

My advice Chase, for what it's worth, would be to set your budget first, look around for a used model with low mileage not worrying about the year. Look for a Warrior that alrerady has a few mods and all recall work completed. If you can, save a little money from your overall budget for any immediate mods such as pipes, seat & anything else that takes your fancy.

Best of luck mate.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
I personally think the New Brake and Brake Mounts are UGLY AS SIN... The Older Brakes and Mounts are NICE!!!

Insert Image:

81.2KB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks y'all. especially the brit warrior.. what a cool guy. i'll see what happens and hopefully have some pictures and such up soon.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I own a 02 and I think it's the best[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]
but really I think there all pretty good[^]

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
there's actually been very limited improvements since 02. 02's are likely to be the fastest because it appears that most 02's had some motor work done with the recall. So, if you can find a low mile 02 with the recall done, the motor will be fresher than the odometer portrays and it may be a **** of a lot faster too.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey, it's a Warrior. In my oppinion they're all pretty kick a**. No matter what the color, you're still gonna love the rush of cracking the throttle and unleashing the massive amounts of power at your disposal.

·
Registered
209 Posts
02's are the fastest, at least mine is the fastest one in jacksonville... hasn't been beat yet!!! but seriously you will be happy with any of them!!! good luck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts