RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a district sales rep for Yamaha motorcycles yesterday. He was recently at a meeting updating them for the new model year.

According to him, (I don't know if it is fact). The Warrior will stay the same with some small modifications that he couldn't recall. He did say that they would offer special factory custom colors and graphics. Similer to what Victory is doing. You will be able to send your tank and fenders in and have them customized for approximately 2-5 thousand dollars, or order the Warrior from Yamaha with the colors you want. They will still offer 3 stock colors for the dealers to order from.

Like I said I don't know if this is fact, but he did seem to know what he was talking about.
Dsweer1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that the "build your own bike" section of the Yamaha corp. site shows six colors, plus a custom, for the Warrior? This years colors are there, a black with purple flames custom (very trick), and three additional ones: yellow, light grey or silver (hard to tell), and black. Any takers on those being the '03 colors? I'm waiting to see what the '03's actually are before I buy. Wish they'd hurry up!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I knew the time would come...

I knew when buying the first generation Warrior that there would be improvements to come. I tried to get myself to wait until the 03 came out, but noooo. I had to have it, and have it now!! [}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]!

So now I hear about really phat colors, and I am sure little things will be changed. It gets me thinking I want the 03.

Oh well. The 02 will have to do. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

CarKnee

·
Registered
639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

Oh well. The 02 will have to do. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Part of the fun with our bikes is making the changes to turn it into "your" bike. Yamaha probably will not mess with the basics, i.e., the engine design, frame, suspension basics, etc. Whatever they change, chances are we'd be changing most of it (over time) anyway.

I've been very happy to have such a great bike to modify. I've never bought something new and immediately started making changes, but I'm having a ball.

I wouldn't have waited for NOTHIN'! I bought mine in February and even then I was late by two months . . . had to get my wife "on board" so to speak (got to keep momma happy[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif])

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Those "new colors" have been on the build your own bike since at least April, right before I bought my Warrior.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hmmm......I wonder when Yamaha will can the can...it seems like the can is one of the only things that turns off potential buyers. If Yamaha dealers were smart they would put a Warrior on the floor with a Pro-pipe.

Rob Hughes
Orient Express

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey guys,
I just put a reserve on the new 03', I ordered the "Liquid Silver" color. I just can't wait, it's supposed to be in early December. I'll make sure to post pics then. About the upgrades, I'll quote off the site: "-Rear shock gains rebound damping adjustment to complement the already preload adjustable, link-type rear suspension. -Liquid Silver & Onyx with Indigo flames color options." I got plans already to get the **** bent pipes, lower it, and throw on some real FAT rubber out back. I'm looking into modifying the swing arm and possibly the rear spoiler. Let me know what you think.

Speed

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
What are you paying, if you don't mind me asking. Just wondering what they are getting when so many of the 02's are still available.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Sangathor said:
What are you paying, if you don't mind me asking. Just wondering what they are getting when so many of the 02's are still available.
I think the 03's are going cheap these days...

...oops...is this thread really 7.5 years old??

...sorry, I couldn't resist setting the record for the oldest resurrected thread!

·
Registered
780 Posts
What's really amazing is that the original poster is still around and even posted today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts