RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great opportunity to buy the best cruiser out there.[/b]
[/b]Very reliable and easy to maintain.[/b]

[/b]It’s got a lot of torque and gets a lot of looks.[/b][/b]KBB value $7,100[/b]

2003 Yamaha Warrior 1700.
Black with Indigo flames on tank and fenders.
Under 15k miles.
45-50 miles per gallon!
Had extended warranty that expired in May so it’s in the best shape.
New rear tire with less than 100 miles on it. Avon 56’s which the last one lasted over 11k miles ($250).
New front tire with less than 2000 miles on it. Metzler Marathon which the last one lasted over 11k miles as well. ($195).
New oil and filter 100 miles ago (Motul 3000 20w50).
New spark plugs and air filter 3k miles ago ($80).
Never been down.
Ridden at least twice a week.
Very reliable and lots of fun.
Reason for sale: Looking for sport touring bike for cross country ride. I would keep this bike if I could. I have enjoyed many rides on it and have just came back from two rides to the bay area and loved it! Now, I’m looking to get another bike that would help me get to places with less stops and cases to hold more luggage.[/list]
Picture descriptions: Note that I have a Givi front screen on some pictures and National Bikini Screen in another. These are available at additional cost. Also note the close up of tank is with skull bar ends that are NOT included.
See more info at http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/836925227.html

Rated by Motorcycle.com as the best:The Bottom Line:[/b]Both of these bikes have earned the right to hold their heads high. If price was no object, the V-Rod would be my steed of choice. However, considering the approximately $7,800 gap in price as configured for this comparo, with a few more ergonomic mods, the Warrior starts looking like a very attractive alternative for those with a more civilian budget and/or jealous wives or girlfriends.[/i][/i]
In addition you are backed by one of the best motorcycle groups around. http://www.rswarrior.com/ Who have a wealth of info on how to maintain your bike and people to ride with all the time. They are my on road family.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I've gotten 53 mpg on a day I was putting around at 50 mph with a couple easy going riders. That is Imperial gallons (slightly larger than US I think) and generally I'm probably in the 25-35 mpg range.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I saw 50 mpg one time i think the bike was parked with it Idleing

BruceI still like that paint Job

1 - 5 of 5 Posts