RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I just got it and I am very happy. I want more performence. I was told at the dealer that it will smoke a V-Rod, but I just read differently. I already have 2k in style mods and One Shot pipes. I want more performance at low and top end. Suggestions[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Top end - it's all about the cam. The stock Warrior engine has great torque and power at low revs but is so flat at the top. and of course if you follow this course of action you'll want to do it right with the full deal, big bore kit. Check out Patrick Racing. My Warrior is stock, but one of these days I'll be calling Patrick racing. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am starting to get the full pic now. It's a good low end torque motor. I pumped it up to 110mph and it's hard to hold on anyhow, The body position creates a cup, I leaned down and tucked my legs in and it was much better. It gets there very quick though. I guess I'll just get the part the dealer suggested for the air/fuel mix to match the pipes.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome! sad that the Dealer lied about smoking a Vrod though, what lengths they will go thru to get a sale. as was mentioned before look what Patrick racing has to offer. if you dont want to go the engine route, there is always the Churchkeys Vbak, PC3 and different drive pully and some good pipes, then you should beat a stock Vrod! as for 110, you could get another 20 miles an hour on that stock!! for top end would definitly consider a diferent drive pully as well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EEK! I had a couple Harleys. I just dont recall them being this strong. I guess that V-Rod is the best thing Harley did for speed. I never rode one.
How about on take off, Warrior vs V-Rod? Is the V-Rod only top end faster? I have a friend in town that collects Harleys, he has a V-Rod, I dont know if I may cross him on the road, he may go for it. I dont want to get taken, of course it would only be a short race maybe to 3rd gear or so. I also seen a girl ridin a V-Rod in town. I hope I am not taken by a stock Harley other than a VRod! When I quit ridin 10 years ago, Harleys were the slowest bikes on the road. I had a bad wreck on a Sportser and dropped the sport till now. I gained interest again with a freind who got a Honda VTX1800, that was in 2003. We were both Harley guys.
I dont nessecarily care to beat another cruiser bike, but it would be nice to know you have the ability too. I am more sold on the price, repair cost,control and looks. I know Harley repair bills are BIG. I had a 1980 FLH and a 1989 Sportser 883. I also had a 1980 Suzuki GS 1000 and a 1975 KZ 900. I never had as much fun as I do on this Warrior.
I love this Warrior and I feel very confident on it as far as knowing I have a badazz against other bikes. When I get a bike I go all out with honor of it.
I appreciate all the talk on it and I want get all the info I can on it. I dont realy care all that much about top end, I can hardly hold on at 110 anyhow and that was NOT full throttle. I'll post up some pics of it today. Good to meet ya's. Be safe and carefull.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Good luck with your Midnight (great choice IMO! Ha!). A V-Rod will smoke you once you both get to stretch your legs...You'll get 'em off the line, but he can spool it up (high red-line...10K I believe?) and smoke you...But...I think you should do much better on the twisties...Either way, it's always fun to duel with someone regardless of what they're ridin'.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You will need:

VBAK
AIS block
PCIII w custom map

To get the most out of your engine as it stands...if you want to take the Vrod...you will need some Patrick Racing parts...or a turbo/supercharger or NO2.

Chris.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks bro's! I want to check into no2. I've been cruizin around at 90+/- mph and havent had anyone try to catch up to me yet. That usually draws in the Crotch Rockets, they hate to be passed. lol... I have had more fun just ligtin up the rear tire than anything else. We had a family get together this last weekend and everyone bought thier bikes. I layed some 30' patches for them, we had a blast!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see you got one too. NIce. I wish the shop had left the stock pipe on mine. I think for the style of the bike, the 2 into 1 with a slight up sweep is the ticket to the complete look. I will be looking into a similar pipe soon. I am ordering the VBAK asap and they have a electronic part replacement for me waiting at the shop here where I bought the bike.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by mark1

Nice bike and welcome. Keep us posted on how you plan to smoke a v-rod! good luck!

Easy, I dont plan on racing striaght down a racetrack. V=Rod smokes me on a 1/4 plus track and I smoke a V-Rod on natural back roads and turns. This thing goes both ways. [^]

·
Registered
84 Posts
yah i got a friend with the Vrod, nice bike but my warrior seems to keep up just fine in the twisties and looks nicer, plus i dont like gas tank location on vrod /emoticons/emotion-1.gifId rather say I spent 11k on abrand new Warrior then 18k on new Vrod, not counting how much Harley gear is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome Greenejeep, love the bike. Put the AIR block-off plates in your list, will help a lot with the popping of the exhaust. Hard Chrome has the 2-into-1 exhaust you're looking for, not to mention the kick ass sound. Definetely do the ECU update found here in the forum until you can get the power programmer. That will make a difference. Good luck and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts