RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new Muzzy 2-2 Dragstyle Exhaust on my Warrior last night. I picked this up on eBay for $220 shipped from Dennis Kirk (dk-trader).

Thanks to everyone here for helping me make a decision on this exhaust. I was able to do some research on here prior to making my purchase.

It looks like they are still selling them on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUZZY-EXHAUST-YAMAHA-1700-ROAD-STAR-WARRIOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ35596QQihZ012QQitemZ220298381975

Here's a video of the stock exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl5uDJuatc

Here's a video of the muzzy exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrvEEcgDsrc

Here are pics of the exhaust on my bike:

DJ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yah. I love it. :) Not to loud and a nice and deep sound. Exactly what I was looking for.

Now I have to find a map for this, not to many people have this pipe on their Warriors.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
dedjer said:
Now I have to find a map for this, not to many people have this pipe on their Warriors.
Jim aka youngja use to run w/ the Muzzy 2-2 and might have a map

·
Registered
881 Posts
How is your clearance on the right side when you take corners? My only complaint about my BUB Jug Huggers is that I scrape quite often - in fact, it barely deters me from making sharp right turns anymore.

·
Registered
51 Posts
FYI- be careful with off brand fender eliminators, the ebay one I bought bent the crap out of my rear fender because it was rather poorly built, way to large guage steel and heavy...Might consider changing to the Yammie one...I did after learning the hard way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did pick up my fender eliminator off ebay also, but the weight seemed about the same as the stock fender. i haven't noticed any bending in the fender yet, but i'll be sure to keep any eye on it.

thanks.

Chester5040 said:
FYI- be careful with off brand fender eliminators, the ebay one I bought bent the crap out of my rear fender because it was rather poorly built, way to large guage steel and heavy...Might consider changing to the Yammie one...I did after learning the hard way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i only had the bike for about a month now, and i've only had the pipes for a few weeks.. i haven't done any long rides on it, and i'm about to put it in storage. this is probably my last week of riding. i won't be able to tell you until next spring.

so far no problems making right hand turns. :)

dj

Shawnzilla said:
How is your clearance on the right side when you take corners? My only complaint about my BUB Jug Huggers is that I scrape quite often - in fact, it barely deters me from making sharp right turns anymore.

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
dedjer said:
i did pick up my fender eliminator off ebay also, but the weight seemed about the same as the stock fender. i haven't noticed any bending in the fender yet, but i'll be sure to keep any eye on it.

thanks.
Chester5040 said:
Here's a very specific post regarding theGeneric IFEC that i responded to and explains the issue that i'm familiar with:

Need under tail kit photos and ideas.. http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/120809/970398.aspx#970398

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hate to tell you man...LOL but that is the EXACT one I bought from the EXACT same companythat dimpled the crap out of my rear fender. TAKE IT OFF NOW- or you will regret saving that 20 bucks over the Yammie one for as long as you have the bike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how come the picture of your bracket looks entirely different then mine? I inspected mine today and i don't see any dimples. did you over tighten it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a set of Muzzy pipes on my bike,they will drag in a hard right corner. That and after the first year the chrome started to peel off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after further review, i did notice the dimpling. i think i may have a way to fix it though using washers and some loctite. i'll be working on it today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Its not worth it man...just spend the 50 bucks and buy the well built Yammie part. The weight is part of the issue, as is the poor fitment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
were you able to get a refund from the ebayer? i sent them photos and emails and no luck.

Chester5040 said:
Its not worth it man...just spend the 50 bucks and buy the well built Yammie part. The weight is part of the issue, as is the poor fitment.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but are there any reviews anyone with the muzzy 2-2 can give? good performance and sound? how do they compare to V&H Big Shots?

·
Registered
374 Posts
They haven't made them in years so....
They also haven't made the warrior in years... yet here we are :)

I was trying to talk to someone with first hand knowledge of these pipes. Clearly at some point some people used them, and their insight on them could really help a new user like me out.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I think they look quite similar to the V&H bigshots - which ARE still available.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts