RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all: Just asking for advice on re-installing baffles back into my 2005 Warrior. All I see when I flashlight the pipes are some little projections coming off the inside of the pipes. Surely those aren't baffles?!
I bought this with these loud (obnoxiously) pipes and I want to tone down the DB level before getting tickets or lynched by neighbors. If you have removed yours and want to sell them reasonably priced, I'd be interested. If not, please direct me to what would be an OEM substitute to install. Just want to know the particulars needed to order IE; ID of pipes, OD of pipes ( if relevant) and any other words of wisdom you may have as a hands on doer. Thanks again for any positive advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all: Just asking for advice on re-installing baffles back into my 2005 Warrior. All I see when I flashlight the pipes are some little projections coming off the inside of the pipes. Surely those aren't baffles?!
I bought this with these loud (obnoxiously) pipes and I want to tone down the DB level before getting tickets or lynched by neighbors. If you have removed yours and want to sell them reasonably priced, I'd be interested. If not, please direct me to what would be an OEM substitute to install. Just want to know the particulars needed to order IE; ID of pipes, OD of pipes ( if relevant) and any other words of wisdom you may have as a hands on doer. Thanks again for any positive advice.
Those little projections are your baffles. They do make aftermarket replacements that are a narrower diameter of the same style, and they do taper to fit the same ID. Just have to shop around a little. IMO you won't like the sound after toning it down. Been there done that with Bub as well as Rineharts. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those little projections are your baffles. They do make aftermarket replacements that are a narrower diameter of the same style, and they do taper to fit the same ID. Just have to shop around a little. IMO you won't like the sound after toning it down. Been there done that with Bub as well as Rineharts. Good luck
Thanks for your feed back. Just to be sure, these are those little teeth-like projections in the picture? They do go 360 degrees in side the pipes. IMG_20210606_064903922_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your feed back. Just to be sure, these are those little teeth-like projections in the picture? They do go 360 degrees in side the pipes. View attachment 253343
If I'm seeing the picture correct, you have 1 or 2 bolts holding in the exhaust tip and then 1 bolt holding in the baffle. I'd remove the tip and or possibly the baffle as well and get a good inside diameter measurement. This will ensure you order the correct baffle size, as well as allowing you to pick from the different choices available. I've tried shorties as well as the one pictured by Heftysmurf. I didn't like the shorties at all, and if my eyes aren't failing me, the picture from heftysmurf is a smaller diameter in the middle, while yours seems to look like a straight through baffle. IMO this is where you should go. It can still sound off in acceleration while being more quiet in the neighborhood. Realize this is just my opinion. If you want it really quiet, you might be old, very very old. LOL Good luck and ride safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I'm seeing the picture correct, you have 1 or 2 bolts holding in the exhaust tip and then 1 bolt holding in the baffle. I'd remove the tip and or possibly the baffle as well and get a good inside diameter measurement. This will ensure you order the correct baffle size, as well as allowing you to pick from the different choices available. I've tried shorties as well as the one pictured by Heftysmurf. I didn't like the shorties at all, and if my eyes aren't failing me, the picture from heftysmurf is a smaller diameter in the middle, while yours seems to look like a straight through baffle. IMO this is where you should go. It can still sound off in acceleration while being more quiet in the neighborhood. Realize this is just my opinion. If you want it really quiet, you might be old, very very old. LOL Good luck and ride safe
OK, I'll accept that these are baffled pipes. Guess I'll just settle on that the sound is what it is. Neighbors will just have to accept that too. Although I won't be punching it until I get out of the subdivision, lol.
Not as old as you may think, just 66 and 3/4 :cool:
Thanks for all your input, still learning about this bike, first one.

·
Premium Member
4,465 Posts
Well if you look really close you will see that the baffles in the Bub's are narrowed down in the middle as well. Without complicating it too much also not sure there is enough space but sometimes fiberglass matting/muffler packing can be put around the the louvered part of the baffle to lower the overall tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts