RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry to say I must trade in or sell my Warrior. I have injured my back too many times attempting to ride it more often then it was built for. I cannot get another back injury or I fear the damage may require surgery. I am going to buy a BMW as soon as the stealer can find me the one I want. I dont have time to attach photos now, they are in my gallery. I have returned the handlebars back to stock, other then that, the profile info is correct. I am looking to just pay off the bike, which is $12,500 USD. I am located in Maine if anyone is near who wants to see it. I am not going to put the bike on e-bay, I am not selling because I need the money, I am selling for my health. Send me a message for any questions you may have.

Tony

P.S. WTF is up with these bikes not being worth much. The stealer called and said he could only offer $6K. How can a bike depreciate $7,000 in 18 months!?!?!? So anyway, I guess the title should really read. 2007 Midnight for sale or else I am going to ride it until my back breaks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in the bike. I can give you more money than the stealer for the bike. How many miles are on the bike? THanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noticing you have zero posts and just joined today, I must reply here. The bike has 18,088 miles, never been dropped and runs flawlessly. All of the fluids are Amsoil synthetics, Iridium plugs, rear tire is a Metz 880 with 2K on it. I owe around $12,500 for the bike and the title will not be released for anything less then payoff at the time. The price on this bike from a dealer would be around $11,500 and after all the added charges, it would be right about $12,500 so I am not asking too much, and will be making $0 from this sale. Like I said before, I do not want to sell it, I am only concerned about my health.

·
Administrator
30,087 Posts
Its too bad you have to sell, it seemed you really liked the bike from some of your posts. Plus you did a little work here and there. It looks good. If I was in the market for a second Warrior I'd consider it if the price was in keeping with 2007's being sold elsewhere. Somehow you're a little upside-down on the loan amount which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yea, don't get me wrong, I love the bike!! The problem is my back. The doc says that if I want to keep riding I need to have my feet under me, like a standard bike. That position would rotate my hips enough so that my lower back would not take the hits. I have a build-up of scar tissue in my lower back around the nerves, was in the hospital twice last year and if I go again, they will have to open up and remove the tissue from my spine. -YUK!-

It is a bit upside down, because I financed in all the safety gear and the pipes when I bought it. (Pipes and Helmet, leather coat and gloves (x2 for the GF) = $1500)

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i hate to rain on your parade but if you have 18000 miles on the bike and need a pay off of 12000+ your way upside down and you'll need to come out of pocket big time unless you can find a real fool
but we both know there's one born every minute

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, and that is the problem. A friend of mine is working on getting it traded in for $9K with the rest financed into a sport tour holdover from 07. Its really gonna be tricky. I figured if I tried to post here, maybe sombody had a similar problem and would post an answer that is better then trade in, I don't want to get rid of the bike at all. Or maybe the chance that sombody had a bike worth about the same for a straight across trade.

I am going to say that your post pretty much killed any chance of selling it, nobody wants to be called a fool to an entire internet community. Please keep your wit and opinion for somebody who is obviously not begging for help.

southboundchicken said:
i hate to rain on your parade but if you have 18000 miles on the bike and need a pay off of 12000+ your way upside down and you'll need to come out of pocket big time unless you can find a real fool

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Davan said:
I am going to say that your post pretty much killed any chance of selling it, nobody wants to be called a fool to an entire internet community. Please keep your wit and opinion for somebody who is obviously not begging for help.

southboundchicken said:

Sorry but hoping you can find a sucker among us isn't right in my mind....Try and find your sucker on craigslist or ebay. None of us would want to see a member get shafted. Thanks for call it out SBC.

I'm sorry you're in the situation you're in but SBC called it correctly. Don't get upset at the truth.

Have you considered a backrest, like the corbin dual tour. That would help take the pressure off your back by not letting you slouch your hips back.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i am buying a 2006 warrior with 1,587 miles( boughtmy 02 with 9,800 miles $6,000)..from a person that owes $12,900. and they are having to put $3400 towards just to sell. they paid $14,000 in 06. they really do not hold value very well.at least by the books.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess you are just missing the point here, not looking for a sucker, but I guess I found a few jerks.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Davan said:
I guess you are just missing the point here, not looking for a sucker, but I guess I found a few jerks.
Sorry you are feeling the way you do, but truth be told with over 18k on your bike it will be really hard to sell your bike for $12500.00. You haven't mentioned a whole lot of modifications on your bike. If you do have mods you should list them that would help with the sale of your bike.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Davan said:
Thank you for proving my point.... again.
Wow someone sure is negative. Don't be mad at everyone for pointing out the obvious. Just because your back is sore doesn't mean your attitude has to be. Sure must suck to be you.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
You won't get 12500 here and likely anywhere else either. I could find brand new warriors in the show room and negotiate to 12500. I bought my wifes warrior with 8200 miles on it for 5500.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Davan said:
Thank you for proving my point.... again.
sorry man i didnt mean to hurt your feelings but if you cant handle the truth you shouldnt have posted the facts of your situation, one things for sure, if your looking for a bunch of fools or suckers you've come to the wrong place. we are all a bunch of staight up brothers ( and a few sisters) here and tell it like it is, sometimes it's what we want to hear and some times it isnt but you cant be sore at us for being truthful with you. heck, i wish you could walk away with a profit in your pocket and it does suck from an owners prospective that our beloved warriors dont hold the value they should but thats just the way it is and when you dont buy it right to begain with your almost gauranteed to lose more than your a$$ when you sell it [:'(] good luck with your sale

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
What does hold value?.....nothing.....bingo. it's not an investment. and coming to a place where everyone is very informed about the product and its value is pretty stupid, sorry for being a" JERK" . you financed your jacket? wtf

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, I guess all you people missed the point. Lets go over this one more time.

1. I DO NOT WANT TO GET RID OF THIS BIKE.

2. I DO NOT NEED THE MONEY.

3. IF I GET HURT ON IT AGAIN I MAY BE PARALYZED FOR LIFE.

4. CAN ANYONE HELP?

If you cant understand I was just asking for help, and not some pipe dream of ripping people off then you are the only suckers around. I know the bike is not worth what I owe. It has nothing to do with being sore, or upset about it. It is the simple fact that I asked for help and all I got was a load of crap from people I thought could actually help. I can only deduct a few things from this incident.

1. The few people who may actually be able to help, didn't

2 The jerks who need to try to make themselves feel all big, put in their useless two cents and made the problem worse.

3. Over-all I don't know why I even bother thinking there was sombody who would help, this 4m is nothing more then a genital measuring contest.

With that said, yours is bigger then mine and I would rather withdraw my account here then put up with your egotistical crap.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why don't you just find out what the stealer will give you for it and offer it up to anyone in here for $500 over that? seems like a good solution......

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
If you do not ride in the winter why not just sit on it for a while and make some extra payments if you are able. I am sure that you can sell it to someone for a lot more then the dealer is willing to give you. Winter is just around the corner you might be able to see it for a lot more once spring hits.I hope your back gets better with 28k on an 07 you must love to ride. Have you considered a contour or an fjr?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts