RS Warrior Forum banner

2007 Midnight Warrior on Order

1K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  PapaJ 
#1 ·
Want to thank the forum for helping me make a decision on the Warrior. I have wanted a one since the first time I saw it online a couple of years ago. Haven't owned a bike since the ancient days when I had a 1972 Kawasaki 500...that was a screamer.

My wife surprised me a couple of weeks ago for my 50th with the order for the 2007. The local dealer stopped by on my birthday with the news. Being the research maniac that I am, I started looking around to make sure I was making the right choice (I tend to keep things for a long time). I looked at the Harley V-Rod, Victory Hammer, and a number of other bikes. These bikes are more expensive, but they already have the big rear tire ($2-3K mod), 2007 V-Rod has the 5 gallon fuel cell, among other differences. The comparison reviews didn't help much (many were based on much older models) and did nothing but confuse the issue.

Anyway, after spending a lot of time the past few days reading the threads in this forum, it really came across how much you guys love this bike, how few problems you have with it, and the availability of lots of mods. You sold me.

My Warrior should be in in the next couple of weeks. I plan on riding it for awhile before making any decisions on modifications. I think the bike looks great as is (yes, I even like the exhaust). I suppose most guys my age are buying the touring bikes, but I'm just not ready for that.

Thanks again to all of you.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #18 ·
Finally got the 2007 Midnight Warrior. The bike is even more than I expected.

Just got back from a run on Mullholland Highway. The Warrior just rolls through the curves. Low-end torque is so impressive...no bogging out at all. Even babying the bike for the first 1000 miles it is a blast to ride.

Insert Image:

24.45KB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.