RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a new warrior with the charcoal and silver stripe down the middle. also ordered baron BAK, bub jug huggers, power commander, rear inner fender eliminator from barons, any other suggestions would be appreciated. i am trying to locate the corbin seat with the pillon pad but the question i have on the 07 how many holes are in the rear fender if i was just to run a single seat, reason for asking is the 07 shows different part number on some sites i have located it on. next im 6'4" looking at forward controls with rear brake res built in, wanted to know if it is worth the trouble or just to get the relocator for the factory res. Also if the t bars from yamaha are comfortable enough for someone my size. thanks guys first cruiser bike ive owned but feel in love the second i saw it. The bike is absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you already know what mods you are installing and there are quite a few in your list. They all sound good to me. I have the bars you mentioned but I'm only 5'9". Goof luck on those upgrades.

Insert Image:

81.55KB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome guys if anyone could answer any of the questions in the opening reply i would appreciate it

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome!!

- 4 holes left on the fender when you remove the pilon.
- 6'0' here, but I got longer arms, the bars are a bit too close to my body.
- I was looking at getting the foreward controls from barons... but I choose to go with highway pegs from kuryakynhttp://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3272 cuz having my feet closer too me helps in the twisties

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome aboard! I went with the Elite forward controls from Phats and love them. They look great and they eliminate the rear master assembly.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome to the family. Wow, you don't even have your warrior yet and already a whole heap of mods planned out, way to go, that's what I call forward planning. Stay good friends with your Bank Manager, you're gonna need him /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
welcome to the forum and i will try to answer a few of your questions. for starters i think you are definitely going to want to get the chrome foward controls ,i am 6'1" and have them on mine and love them, the stock position was just to cramped plus they make the bike look better and the yamaha t bars are ok (i had those on mine as well) but i did some custom trimming to them, (1)i
trimmed as much off the ends as i could which was only about a 1/2" on both sides because they just seemed to wide for me and (2) i made a spacer to give them a little more rise. now since then i have purchased the milwaukee twins that i like even better and you can internally wire them and they were only $107.00 so the price was right also as far as the seat goes i cant help you there as mine is an 02 and there was a change with the seat after 03 but dont sweat it there are a lot of others here that i'm sure will be more than happy to help you with that one but good luck and post some pics as soon as you can, were just a bunch of picture junkies here

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
quote:Originally posted by bigjohnson

+ 1 [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]quote:Originally posted by metrickkruzer

Congratulations and welcome to the 4M!

+2

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
803 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot guy. There is a lot of info on the Big Air Kits on this site. From what I've read the baron's may not be your best choice. I think the V-BAK and PR's kit are preferred. Yep the Warrior was love at 1st sight for me as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts