RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. As the other thread is getting a bit busy I would like to start a new thread to hopefully avoid confusion.

I will be the contact from now on on for all issues to do with this calendar. I would like to say a big thanks toAndy and Mark for all their efforts so far. Ihope they can still find time to help out where necessary as I know they are a bit manic with work at the moment.

What we have so far:

January- Montage of all supplied photos

February - Bugei - Submitted photo

March - Brit Warrior - Submitted photo

April - 99prf/Courteny - Submitted photo

May - Meanstreak - Submitted photo

June - Washington Warrior - Submitted photo

July - Badger - Submitted photo

August - Bugei - 2 - Submitted photo

September - Stevo - Submitted photo

October - darken_rahl03 - Submitted photo

November - Attila - Submitted photo

December-Warriordog - Submitted photo (Taken by curiositywasframed)

BJMartin and Gibbsy. Are you guys still up for a contribution?

As a backup are there any other takers from anywhere?

Meanstreak, when the guys come round to you for a photo shoot is it possible you can do a shot with a couple of Warriors with ladies for the calendar cover?

Bone, Can you get me a photo of Anthony and write me a couple of paragraphs on him and his condition?

I am having a meeting with a printer tomorrow evening to discuss prices and quantities as well as formats etc. I should also have a couple more printers giving me similar info before the end of the week. I will post as soon as this info becomes available.

Deadlines:

OK things are getting bleedin' tight so can all of you who have offered to submit a photo please confirm this to me by COP Friday 10th October.

I will have info on the required formats by COP Friday 10thOctober at the latest.

Once a format has been established all photos need to be submitted to me by 10th November. This may change slightly due to printers requirements but the sooner the better. Please don't leave it until the last minute
And I know I'm as guilty as anyone on this

Once we have the photos hopefully Meanstreak can cast his expert eye over them and, if necessary, give them a tweekette in Photoshop.

I would like to get them printed by the end of November so distribution can start. I remember something in the original thread said that someone in the Stateswould behappy to have a boxful delivered to them for distribution over there. Can someone please confirm this.

I will start another thread that will be specifically for showing how many people are interested in the calendar to give me an idea of numbers for costing purposes.

Please can you reply to the above questions as soon as possible so we can move this forward.

Thanks guys.

P.S. I will be out of the country between Saturday 11th and Sunday 19th October.

·
Registered
137 Posts
hi badger no probs the pics are being sorted this week just need to no how you would like them sent over to you

regards steve

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK guys. The format is going to be landscape and the highest resolution jpeg you can do.

I have had some discussion with printers. One has given me an initial price which I though was too much. Another one looks more promising and I am just waiting for an email from him. I will hopefully have more info tomorrow, Friday 10th.

Please can you guys who said you would do a photo confirm that this is still the case. I need to know ASAP. If anyone else would like to submit a photo please let me know because at the moment we do not have enough material to proceed. Without some commitment from you guys it aint gonna happen. Let's remember why we are doing this. As you can see from the other post projecting orders http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/120608.aspxthere is quite a bit of interest.

Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Badger said:
OK guys. The format is going to be landscape and the highest resolution jpeg you can do.

I have had some discussion with printers. One has given me an initial price which I though was too much. Another one looks more promising and I am just waiting for an email from him. I will hopefully have more info tomorrow, Friday 10th.

Please can you guys who said you would do a photo confirm that this is still the case. I need to know ASAP. If anyone else would like to submit a photo please let me know because at the moment we do not have enough material to proceed. Without some commitment from you guys it aint gonna happen. Let's remember why we are doing this. As you can see from the other post projecting orders http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/120608.aspxthere is quite a bit of interest.

Thanks in anticipation.

we have around 4 pics currently. The best way to do this is for everyone who has a good picture of their bike with a girl to message me and I will give you my mail address to send the pics too. We can then choose the best, sticking as close to the people who volunteered for each month as possible.

If you have more, send more, and we should end up with a good selection!

If you are looking to use me to shoot your bike, you need to do this in the next couple of weekends (not tomorrow or the day after) as I only have sundays free due to work commitments, and ideally we need good weather. So coming to me is going to be a complex thing.

I wouldn't mind somebody close dropping by my place so we can do a 'double bike' shot for the cover, Brit? Atilla? Mongo? (have you modded yours Mongo?
)

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
My photos should be done and to you within the next two weeks bro

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have now spoken to some printers and looking at all the costs involved I estimate that the final cost will be £10 sterling plus shipping at cost. At the current exchange rate that would equate to around $17 or 12.65 Euros plus shipping at cost. About half of the price will be going to the charity so be generous please

The calendar will be A3 size with the top A4 section the picture and the bottom A4 section the calendar. A4 is roughly American letter size.

A big thanks to the people who have replied and comitted to supplying a photo. All the others who promised a photo please, please reply as soon as you can. I am going to be out of the country from Saturday 11th Oct to Sunday 19th Oct so again PLEASE let me know by the time I return.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Higuys. I'm back and I still have not heard from everyone who promised a photo. Time is rapidly running out so please either commit or say no.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mark. I have now done mine and a few have promised to get theirs to me soon. I sincerely hope that we will make it. It seems to have gone a bit quiet from some of the people who promised photos.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As you can see from the first post we now have 5 photos for the calendar. We are still well short of the 12 we need.

Now I don't know if some of you are feeling pressured to do a proffessional job but that was never the case. All we need is a shot of your bike with a nice lady. This can be your wife, girlfriend, barmaid, grandmother etc it doesn't matter. Just take as good a shot as you can and send it to me.

Meanstreak has offered to do some basic Photoshop adjustments if necessary so please get your camera, bike and lady out and start shooting soon.

If we have not got enough photos by November 10th then the calendar is going to be a no go. It's up to you guys. Please let's make it work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I may be able to submit some of my Bike with a lady friend posing. My Bikes just a little from a stock with a different paint.

If you still need another photo? I could send a few for you to chose from. they were not done professionally done, But done by my Daughter with her friend in my back yard. But still look really good.

Let me know and i can send them in about a week

·
Registered
963 Posts
I am unfortunately not going to get a photo shoot in anytime soon. Had some issues with the paint and am trying to work them out. Sorry guys! I will defiantly get some for next years calendar.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hi Badger my photos are being done wednesday as soon as i have them i will email them to you and meanie bro all the best Marc

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
darken_rahl03 said:
I may be able to submit some of my Bike with a lady friend posing. My Bikes just a little from a stock with a different paint.

If you still need another photo? I could send a few for you to chose from. they were not done professionally done, But done by my Daughter with her friend in my back yard. But still look really good.

Let me know and i can send them in about a week

Thanks Greg. Please email them to me when you have them. At the moment I cannot promise they will definitely beused but I would rather have too many to choose from than not enough.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Attila said:
Hi Badger my photos are being done wednesday as soon as i have them i will email them to you and meanie bro all the best Marc

Thanks Marc. I look forward to seeing them

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Judge2008 said:
I am unfortunately not going to get a photo shoot in anytime soon. Had some issues with the paint and am trying to work them out. Sorry guys! I will defiantly get some for next years calendar.

Aaron

Thanks for letting me know Aaron. Good luck with getting your paint sorted.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts