RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I finally got my 2009 midnight warrior in and I love it. So much power and style. Anyone who hasn't seen te 09's yet here are some pics of mine.I love what they did with the tank, they did paint it with a metallic grey and red pinstriping, it looks absolutely gorgeous in te sun and the grey breaks up the black just enough to keepblack exhaust on it. I just got in last friday and put a couple hundred miles on it before leaving for offshore for two weeks, so anxious to get back! I will order the monster pro pipe for it while I'm out so hopefully it will be there when I get home. I will keepupdates on progress.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sweet bike! I like the gray on the tank as well. I hope your parts are waiting for you when you get home! Ruckus

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I've never been a fan of midnights and even less of the '09 version but I'm really glad you're loving it which is obviously what counts. Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting yourself a great new toy! May you have many safe and adventerous miles on it and many hours of fun-filled modding to make that sucker your own.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definately agree with you on the star logo, the white lettering makes it pop out too much for me, I wish it could come off.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Did the bike come without the rubber things under the seat or did you remove them? I was going to do the same until Iread here that they actually serve a purpose.

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
Good choice on a bike, welcome to the forum. I like the contrasting tank paint, IMO even the Star logo is okay since its not on the black tank but on the gray metallic. Good question about the rubber frame covers under the seat, maybethey did something else under thereto divert water, or maybe the seat fits tighter these days?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sweet bike, I like the new paint on the midnights (except for the painted on star logo) - your pics are the first I've seen of it - the pics on the yami website don't do it justice. Glad your enjoying it and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
Good question about the rubber frame covers under the seat, maybethey did something else under thereto divert water, or maybe the seat fits tighter these days?

Nope, somebody must have removed his because they still come on the '09.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This bike is completely stock. I don't know about the rubber pieces on earlier bikes, but I have not removed anything from it so what you see is how it comes.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You need to head back to your dealer and ask them to replace those because you could end up with water damage and corrosion issues if you don't get them put back on. Look at the picture of this '09 Warrior from Yamaha's site right under the front part of the seat on the frame to see what we're talking about. I would think those are already on the frame when the dealer uncrates the bike and there is an adhesive underneath them to help them stay on so I'm assuming someone at your dealership took them for some reason.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts