Happy New Thread!

Let's keep our gang going, and growing!

TJ

·
Registered
800 Posts
You da man!

Heres to a better 2009.

Anyone got any big mods planned? I have lots I'd like to do but with the market so down, I feel the need to save for that rainy day I hope never comes.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Happy New Year Everyone,

2008 we created 49 pages, We added more local members & had more fun!!!

Lets make 09 even better, More group rides/meetings.

TJ, Thanks for starting us off again.

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
im installing the churkey vbak when ever i have some free time, im not really in to much of a hurry since it sits in my entry way in the house

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's in the entry? The bike, or Vbak? I can appreciate the bike, a little art to be enjoyed!

Think Spring!

Think Laughlin!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Saw this on another Ride Club section - they put thelocal weather on their front page for a quick place to view the weather to plan for a ride. Obviously right now it isn't useful - but come April... OKMay, itshould be.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice charts. I'll have to check out that site and bookmark it. When we move to page two on this thread, I won't look at page one again....

·
Registered
727 Posts
swany1214 said:
I want to do a clutch conversion in '09. There are other things on the wish list too, but unless '09 brings a winning lottery ticket those may need to wait.

Happy New Year....

swany

We havethe clutch conversions in stock and for you MN boys they would be $129.99... We also have 31 tooth pulley for $149.99!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey guys. I installed three gold(included) and three green. The extra springs are about $12.00. I really like the set up with the 31 tooth pulley.

·
Registered
727 Posts
swany1214 said:
Hey Dan,

What springs do you have, do they come with? I remember that Jeff got some other springs and mixed them up when installing.

Stock are Gold Springs - Jeff put in a mix of Green. In my talks with the Barnett guys at a dealer show - they didn't seem to think that was entirely necessary unless you like getting forearm pump from the additional lever pressure. When I put mine in this winter I am only going to put in the Gold Springs...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why is it necessary to put in a clutch kit? I haven't had any slippage in 33,000 pretty hard miles with Mobil 1 15w50.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The guys at Barnett are right. I am planning on some engine mods so I wanted to get the little stuff done. It's to expensive to try and swing everything at one time. Who is up for a high compression piston install? Hopefully I can get that and some head work done this year. As far as the Clutch install goes I'm sure anyone that was at last years monster garage can do it, it is pretty straight forward, must have beer, pizza, chew, a phone, and great group of guy's. The really nice heated shop helped.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks for the offer Mike. Have you swapped pistons on a warrior or are you just familiar with engine work? Not that it matters just curious. I will be purchasing valve springs from PR and having the heads, intake, and exhaust elbow ported by a shop in St.Cloud. I would be more confident tearing down and reasembling the same day with everything fresh in my head, but I am guessing there will be a week of down time for the extra work to get done. Looks we could have two weekends of monster garage this year!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
kja said:
Thanks for the offer Mike. Have you swapped pistons on a warrior or are you just familiar with engine work?

I know engines & I did pistons, cams (full PR 110) on my bike last year "07

I also have all the needed tools to do the job.

Mike

·
Registered
691 Posts
1fast1 said:
I can help with the hi comp pistons.

let me know when you are ready to do it.

Mike
Hmm....Man I want some more powerzorz! Especially if I can sneak it in before my brosef finds out!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Thanks Mike, I really appreciate your offer. I'm not sure when but I will contact you when I am ready. I have the pistons now and just need to keep collecting parts. So how do you like the 110 kit? Any dyno #'s?

1 - 20 of 572 Posts