RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
kja said:
Thanks Mike, I really appreciate your offer. I'm not sure when but I will contact you when I am ready. I have the pistons now and just need to keep collecting parts. So how do you like the 110 kit? Any dyno #'s?

I like it, there are some slightly modified warriors that are almost as fast,

I think I need a better map & that may net a little more than the 105hp/125ft lb tq

that it was dynoed at last year.

I plan on getting another map done this spring.

·
Registered
626 Posts
1fast1 said:
I like it, there are some slightly modified warriors that are almost as fast,

Riiiight... Mike's Warrior is a monster !!!

I just got back from a biz trip to CA. I was in the LA area, so I stopped into Patrick Racing and talked to Nigel Patrick for about a half hour. He showed me some 'Liner engine parts he's working on. Man... he does nice work.

I'm really considering getting some work done, but he's not doing cams yet... not enough demand... so it would *just* be the big bore and some porting/polishing. He also recommended the Dynojet rev extender, even though it wouldn't be fully tapped without the cams.

Mike... would you be open to helping me with a big bore job??? Do you think it's worth it without the cams? Should I just wait for cams and do it in one shot? (Raiders would hopefully drive enough demand for Nigel to invest in a cams project at some point? Maybe next winter??)

Anyway... almost definately doing chrome wheels (240 rear) this winter and, depending on bonus $, maybe some engine work...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Rothred. Sorry to hijack your question, but I would think that the bigbore kit for the your bike is worth it. The dyno graphs that I have seen shows that the 113 engines keep pulling all the way to the rev limiter with the PR bak a good 2-1 pipe such as the V&H big radius, and pcIII. With the PR 120( I think ) and head work the power curve might drop back a few hundred rpm to 4500 or so since it would soften the cam a little. Go to raiderperformance.com and check out there dyno section. They have a collection of graphs with various intakes, exhausts, and fuel controllers.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Dyno Charts & Real-World
Performance Data

In an effort to quell the
debate over which performance parts make a difference and clearly
demonstrate the gains acquired through the installation of such accessories,
this page is reserved for real-world data from Raider owners who have had
their bike tested on a Dynamometer.

If you have taken the plunge and had your bike Dyno-tested,
please
send us a copy
of
the final data sheet, along with a list of the performance modifications you
have done to your ride, and we'll post them here.

If you have taken your Raider to the drag-strip,
and want to share your results, email a copy of your time-slip, and we'll
post that here as well.

Star Motorcycles does not publish HP or Torque
figures, and results will vary. To establish a comparative baseline,
we'll use the following:

Motorcycle.com
- 80 HP, 105 ft-lbs.

CycleWorld

- 85.9 HP, 106.3 ft-lbs.
Dyno Chart of
Stock Raider with 800 miles and no modifications courtesy of p.d.b. (Pat B)

This chart come to us courtesy of
Ninja-Matic (Jack S)

Modifications: Cobra Speedster Swept
exhaust, Cobra FI2000 Fuel Controller, Ninja-Matic Airbox mod

Chart courtesy tiny2183 (Matt C)

Modifications: Cobra Speedster Swept
exhaust, Power Commander PCIII, Patrick Racing BAK, custom map for 5000ft
elevation

Chart courtesy littleburt (Burt P)

Modifications: Yamaha Speedstar Drag
Pipes, Patrick Racing BAK, Cobra FI2000 FI Controller

This chart comes to us Courtesy of Brent (bhodge)
from Tejas Motorsports

Modifications: Morton's pipes w/Power Cones, Patrick Racing BAK, Power
Commander PCIII

Results posted by forum member Kremer
(Jeff)

Modifications: Vance and Hines Big
Radius 2-into-1, Patrick Racing BAK, Power Commander PCIII

Results posted by forum member Roadkill
(Gary B)

Radius 2-into-1, Stock air

Chart courtesy of RadStar (Liam S)

Radius 2-into-1, K&N Filter and Power Commander PCIII

Chart courtesy of Ray J

Radius 2-into-1, Power Commander PCIII and Patrick Racing Big Air

This "extra-special" setup comes to us
courtesy of Dean and Brent at Tejas Motorsports

·
Registered
691 Posts
kja said:
Thanks Mike, I really appreciate your offer. I'm not sure when but I will contact you when I am ready. I have the pistons now and just need to keep collecting parts. So how do you like the 110 kit? Any dyno #'s?
So you already bought pistons? Which kind? Tell us more.....

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought PR 10.5-1 97mm pistons from a forum member about a month ago. My next step is to order valve springs from PR and gaskets. How much is it for intake, valve cover, head, and base gaskets anyways? The heads will be done at Precision Power Sport in St. Joseph. They did the headwork on a friends 02 softtailwith the 95" motor, he has no problem pulling from me once I'm in 3rd gear. I'm going to have them take a look at the factory valves and rework them or purchase valves.. I know the factory valves could be better and the intake valves are prone to leaking, they don't always lay in the valve seats properly. Port match the heads to the intake and have the heads opened up a little and cleaned up all around. The exhaust elbow will also recieve some attention. I really do not think going as big as possible is needed when staying with the 102, but from what I have read over the last three years the heads overall are a good design and just need a little help.

·
Registered
727 Posts
kja said:
How much is it for intake, valve cover, head, and base gaskets anyways?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the last time we were in one of these there are two head gaskets you need - unless you don't need to disassemble it that far... If you need the valve cover, 2 sets of head, base gasket, and intake seals you are looking at $110 through us for OEM.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I believe I will need 2 head gaskets, 2 intake seals, two base gaskets, and two valve cover gaskets. I think I will order two exhaust gaskets also, I have had the pipe off two or three times so those should be replaced. Oil and oil filter also. Guessing the rear elbow needs a gasket.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Swany, I don't remember the $ for the spring but it's not bad at all. I have the lowering links and a eibach 1000lb and really like it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
swany1214 said:
Hey Dan,

Looking at getting RAM's lowering kit off the forum. How much for one of those springs that usually go along with a lowering? The old chistmas bonus came through and i am looking for a few mods to keep me going. the clutch conversion would be part of the order. I still need to organize all the wiring under the tank and do the perfect install. I think i could have a monster garage for myself. Any winter dates we could throw out at the shop??

+1 on this info Dan.

Been thinking about getting RAM's kit too. I know I am pushing the limits of the spring with my fat butt but wasn't sure if you need to go up to the 1000 lb spring or not.

Actually trying the DIY increase your speed mod as we speak. Yeah...good old Weight Watchers diet...cut as much weight as I can.

·
Registered
727 Posts
swany1214 said:
Hey Dan,

Looking at getting RAM's lowering kit off the forum. How much for one of those springs that usually go along with a lowering? The old chistmas bonus came through and i am looking for a few mods to keep me going. the clutch conversion would be part of the order. I still need to organize all the wiring under the tank and do the perfect install. I think i could have a monster garage for myself. Any winter dates we could throw out at the shop??

For you guys I will sell the lowering kit from LA Choppers and the lowering spring for $145 for the combo!

http://www.lachoppers.com/lkits_yamaha.php

·
Registered
812 Posts
I did the Flip N Grind with the 1000# spring, lowered it an inch or so but two up riding I still bottomed out so I have the preload cranked all the way up. It's like a hardtail now!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I emailed LA Choppers to find out for sure, butthis is 200lbs more than stock so it should be in the neighborhood of 950 - 1000.

·
Registered
727 Posts
kja said:
I believe I will need 2 head gaskets, 2 intake seals, two base gaskets, and two valve cover gaskets. I think I will order two exhaust gaskets also, I have had the pipe off two or three times so those should be replaced. Oil and oil filter also. Guessing the rear elbow needs a gasket.

There are 2 head gaskets per cylinder, see diagram - I am thinking you will need 15 and 20... The exhaust gaskets are $8 a piece you will need 3. Let me know if you want to go through us for those and we can get them ordered up!

·
Registered
571 Posts
The eibach spring starts around 850lbs expanded and goes to I beleive 1100lbs compressed. I will let you know when I am ready for gaskets, thank you.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Danny, think I might be interested too.I am going to need monster garage help to put this on. Is that included in the price? ha ha

How can I pay you?

paypal, I could hook up with Jonathan...passes my work every day...let me know.

Chuck

·
Registered
571 Posts
Chuck. Swapping the links and the spring is not bad at all. I did the same on my bike using ram 396's links. Bring it to monster garage, the gang should be able to swap out yours and swany's same day.

21 - 40 of 572 Posts