RS Warrior Forum banner

561 - 572 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea I dont think I have rode in 3 or 4 weeks. Although I might shoot out for a bit on tuesday and then put her away for the winter.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yep I jumped the gun a bit and put her away in early October. That first snow got me scared and i didn't want to have to ride 60 miles to put her down in sub 30's again like last year. Hopefully next spring comes early and we can actually enjoy it. Hope everyone is well and enjoyed the long weekend.

·
Registered
626 Posts
OK... that oughta just about do it. Time to put it up on the lift for winter maintenance and clean-up. This is the latest I've ever ridden into the winter anyway, so I guess it's about time. Now all of you snowmobilers can have the road!

See you all next spring!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Other than most of October, this fall was amazingly good for riding. Can only hope for repeats in the future.

I'm with your Corey, I'll bepulling the battery and store the bike this weekend.

Happy Hiloday's guys!

·
Registered
778 Posts
So much for this years motorcycle riding. Time for the sleds. What a year this has been. Want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy and Safe New Year. May God be with you and yours.

Steve

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Ceramic coating could be cool, but I never heard of anyone using it on body work. I'd call the coating shop, and ask them. That red is sweet though, and a proven performer!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Heads up!

Got a friend who has earned her pink bandana, and ribbon. Needs a place, must be in Hennepin county. Cheap, or preferably donated for 6 months. Needs to be one level living with minimal stairs, as she is due for more surgery.
Rides a HD. We can forgive that because she rides!
Also would prefer Western Hennepin, EP, Chan, etc. near Highway 7. Need it by February 1.

There are plenty of empty rentals out there.......

Pass this on Thanx!!

Call me directly for more info: three twenty 296 948 five.

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

·
Registered
727 Posts
swany1214 said:
Well i guess it is not to early to plan some winter upgrades. Anyone got anything planned for the cold months?

I already know i need to change oil, spark plugs and the front tire. I have been kicking around the idea of changing the color of the bike (gotta do something new each year). I have always liked the look of flat black and then maybe some kind of pin striping from front to rear. One thing i was thinking of and i am not sure if there are benefits or negatives of doing it was having the fenders and tank ceramic coated like my heat shields and then trying to add more chrome in the places where i still can. Anyone have any ideas on whether it would better to ceramic coat these pieces as opposed to having them painted flat black??

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

Swan
Swanny - I don't know for sure the process of ceramic coating, but if it is anything like powder coating, the gas tank might be the weak link. I am not sure if they will stick that in the oven - then again they stick all sorts of engine parts in there and those don't usually blow up.

If you are thinking of getting any paint work done, do it now. One thing about ALL the painters I have ever worked with is that deadlines do not matter. Painters and very hot women have one thing in common - you show me a great looking woman/paint job and I will show you someone who is sick of their sh!t LOL.

There are a lot of painters out there, if you need a referral let me know. The guy we uses is a designer by day and a pretty good painter by night:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully it will be a better one than last for all. I know I can't take another one like last year. Have a safe New Years eve. Talk to you next year.

Steve

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/147070/1133420.aspx#1133420

A new thread for a new year!

I hope you are safe, happy, and WARM this weekend!

561 - 572 of 572 Posts